cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin fibre reviews..

Jaxo
On our wavelength

If you are considering joining virgin media have a serious looks around these forums, twitter and trust pilot before signing up.

Their fibre is ok(ish), but the amount of people who have had billing issues and phantom defaults registered on their credit files after leaving is scary.

This isn't just a one off, it seems to be a common occurrence that once you leave Virgin will default your account without notice or without even informing you about it. This breaches The Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) (Amendment) Regulations 2004.

I am in the lengthy process of taking virgin media to court for destroying my credit file. Trying to deal with their customers support services is atrocious. It's delibrately designed to make it difficult to speak to anyone and when you do manage to get speaking to someone it's usually someone with little to no knowledge about the issues your dealing with.

It's more hassle than it's worth trying to fight it and virgin know this, which is why they continue their shoddy practices.

If you are considering virgin media I would give it a serious consideration as to whether you want to risk destroying your credit file over a broadband connection, as there is a very good chance of it happening.

If you have experienced similar feel free to to share your experiences below as the only way they will stop if more people speak out about it.

I am in the process of preparing my court papers and I have also contacted the ombudsman, Martin Lewis and reported them to BBC watchdog.

You can share your own virgin media experiences to BBC watchdog here; https://www.bbc.co.uk/send/u23123288?ptrt=https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One thing that is not always considered is the total number of VM customers, it runs into millions. The reports on the board and newspapers are only a very tiny percentage of those customers. Yes people do get problems and yes customer services are far from good, but I for one have excellent service from VM. You can just be lucky or unlucky, like with everything. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I never had issues with my Virgin broadband always had super fast speeds. Which is why I stick with them . Plus im right next to the exchange on my street which does mean very good speeds always. Only downside is the customer support really sucks. Not on the forum here - they have helped me a couple of times and do seem to know what they are doing and always responsive. But the call centre  support is truly dire. Often very bad English - they dont understand the issues and the amount of times been told to reboot my router (even when I was first requesting my  home move recently) is beyond a joke.

So when it works its brilliant but woe unto us who get problems as then it becomes very very grim.