cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Pre Install Nighmare!!! HELP!!

bennyoco
On our wavelength

So, where to begin...

It's been over a month and i still don't have my broadband installed. I have been on the phone every single day, and every time the person from virgin has told me the engineer is out today. On Monday one of the people at virgin told me that the engineer is at site currently and the work would be completed today... low and behold, no one came. fully expect my install date to be pushed back again. raised a complaint over a week ago, still had no one come back to me. Was told that the area manager would come back to me, no one came back. I have explained many times that I cant work, and am losing out on a lot of money due to having no internet. When i asked for a temporary solution they tried to charge me £35 a month, when i have seen that they have been letting people use them temporally for free. The excuse that there is currently no cable running past the property i dont belive this, as i can clearly see the cable poking out from the pavemenet of my neighbour, which is about 2 meters down my road. I had a survey engineer come out to see me a few weeks back who advised the install would not be an issue, will just need to be routed to my flat on the inside as opposed to the outside, which is not and issue, he assured me. He also explained to me the markings outside my build were to show the people doing the pre install where to go.
I am close to giving up, has anyone else had this problem before? i just dont know what to do....
17 REPLIES 17

bennyoco
On our wavelength

So, after calling up again everyday for the past few days. My rolling date has now stopped and has been moved to the 25th, 1 day before the actual install.

The person i spoke to yesterday assured me that the work has been assigned to someone now, and there is no way it will get postponed. She also said she will be contacting the area field manager to double check this and get in touch with me.

I dont want to say i've got a good feeling about this, because I've been let down for so long, and have now been without broadband for over 8 weeks...

4G is terrible at my location so Virgin are my only option and i am slowly losing my mind...

Will keep you all updated, but im not hopeful...

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bennyoco, 

Thank you for your most recent update to the thread. 

I see you have spoken with the team and they have confirmed the date for you. 

Please do let us know how the visit goes and if you require further assistance. 

Thank you 

Nat

Ok, so...

My account has now no outstanding orders on it...

still have 4 hours to turn up

Still no one has come over yet, will keep you updated, but im not hopeful.

Haven't received the dreaded delay message yet.....

bennyoco
On our wavelength

282254371_533094398557276_4641055289082050371_n.pngok so, just uploading this as proof, its been confirmed as completed today, i will update you all when i get home.... looks good though, no one before has told me that its actually be completed

bennyoco
On our wavelength

Inked282254371_533094398557276_4641055289082050371_n_LI (1).jpg

bennyoco
On our wavelength

Update:

Got home and they actually installed me a point.

I honestly don't quite believe it.

Will update you on the install tomorrow

bennyoco
On our wavelength

UPDATE:

Sorry had the guy come this morning, after spending about an hour on the phone and swearing constantly, he told me that my flat is probably not serviceable.

Even though, I have already had a survey and they told me it would be okay.

The guy just seemed like he couldn't be bothered...

I even overhead him on the phone say he would probably need about 3 hours...

He said he's going to report it to his boss and see what he says, I'm at a lost for words here... Again shoddy service from virgin media

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bennyoco,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issues and your install delay. I'm very sorry to hear that your install did not go ahead as promised. I understand how frustrating this must be for you.

I can see that you've spoken to our team in regards to this since your last post. Can you please update us on how you're getting on?

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs