Menu
raintostop
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Installation Nightmare

I ordered virgin media broadband on 4th August to be installed on the 30th. My old provider cancelled their service the day after.

The preinstall team delayed their prepull appoint several times before finally arriving the day before my indoor installation date, they discovered there was a problem with the swept tee outside my house and needed permission from the council to fix this. This was done on the 2nd of september but for some reason my internal installation was rebooked to the 16th of september. 

Virgin missed several more appointments before the preinstall team came back to my property again on the 9th of september, this time they supposedly found another problem which was supposed to be fixed on the 15th of september before my internal appointment. No one showed up for either the prepull of the internal installation on the 15th or 16th. My internal installation was rescheduled to the 6th of october, OVER 5 WEEKS after the original date.

I was given another appointment for the preinstallation on the 21st of september, again, no one showed up. Then I was given another one for the 29th of september for which no one showed up. It is now october and several more appointments have been booked, I have absolutely no faith that virgin will actually install my service on the 6th of october or ever for that matter. I've been without wifi for 5 weeks while working from home and having children that cant complete their homework.

I've spent 10+ hours on the phone with virgin medias customer service with no answers, they've made several promises, all of which have been promptly broken. I spoke to the complaints department who said they would provide me with a dongle, this never happened and I simply recieved an email the next day pretending the conversation had never happened. 

At this point I'm at the end of my tether, the only thing keeping me from cancelling this service is sheer stubbornness.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Installation Nightmare

Hi raintostop

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience with the installation of your service, this is not what we would expect to happen and we appreciate it must be frustrating. 

I would like to assist you in ensuring your installation goes ahead as planned. I see you are due to a visit from our pre installations team to check things are ready for the installation appointment. Are you aware of this visit? 

The team will review the work that has been carried out and make sure that we are able to continue with the installation on the discussed date. 

We would very much like to help so can you please contact us once the installation has arrived and let us know how it goes?

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
raintostop
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

As expected, no one has come to do my preinstallation. My installation appointment that was supposed to be tomorrow has now been rescheduled to the 25th of October. Thats TWO MONTHS LATER THAN MY ORIGINAL DATE.

Customer service keep telling me they need to do extra work to complete the preinstallation. But I can't imagine how this work can be done if they don't actually turn up to the property. 

A customer service team offered me a free dongle while the I wait for my installation. They said they would call back, didn't happen. The next day I was on the phone for an hour and a half to order the dongle, I was bounced around between the installs team and the virgin mobile team, each of them claimed it was the other teams responsibilty. Comical. 

This has been by far the worst customer service experience in my life. I've complained to ofcom and I will do everything I possibly can to discourage people from virgin. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They don't need to visit the property - the problem is likely between the cabinet and your properly, so you might not ever see them until they manage to do the cable pull (which can take upto 8 weeks). You don't need to be in for this work so don't book any time off work.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @raintostop and I'm sorry to hear of the installation that has still not taken place

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me and I'll seek to take some details from you, and contact the area field manager for further clarity.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos