Flag for a moderator

Upstream low power level

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

1394000044.65512016 qam2
2257999814.65512016 qam4
3325999664.65512016 qam3
4462000174.65512016 qam1

Recently i've been having a few issues with my connection everything downstream is fine power levels are all 0dB +/-1dB, SNR 40dB, 256 qam etc but i'm sure upstream used to be around 40dB, 64qam and according to the docsis spec 4.65 seems a bit low 

--------
I do not work for virgin media any opinions I have are my own
I will help out when possible but know that some information may be incorrect or out of date

If you find any post helpful don't forget to click the kudos button and mark answers as helpful as this may help other users with the same questions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upstream low power level

The upstream power levels are fine (there's a reporting error in the hub that shows 46 dbmV as 4.6).  But you're correct that they should be at 64 QAM.  If the power levels are fine, then the next most likely culprit is upstream noise.  This can have various causes, including an area fault rather than just your connection.  The consequences for users of upstream problems is usually slow or intermittent connections and poor latency and responsiveness because the hub can't maintain synchronisation across all channels, but quite often there's few apparent problems with upload speeds.

Wait for the forum staff to pick this up - if there's an area fault they can tell you when it should be fixed by, if not then they will probably need to get a technician to visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upstream low power level

Hi tekmobile,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry that you're having some issues with your connection at the moment. I can appreciate that you'd like to get this fixed as soon as possible.

As Andruser has said, you should be at 64 qam, so if you're not then I'd need to take a closer look at your account, and we may need to book a technician visit.

I'll pop you a private message now.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos