cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised Install

brc1982
Tuning in

So today I noticed some dust out my front garden/yard. Went to investigate further and discovered that a track had been cut into concrete then refilled. Possibly for a cable being laid? 
I checked around my property a bit more and discovered a hole had also been drilled in my boundary wall with the footpath a few feet up from the black plastic virgin connection box. 

totally pee’d off about this as they clearly trespassed on my property as I have never spoken to Virgin regarding any service being installed on my property. Not only trespassed but actually caused damage to my wall and yard area while I wasn’t in the house!

ok, I’m not 100% sure it was Virgin but the fact that the hole was drilled a few feet up from they’re installation box I’m guessing it was them. (Any clarity on this would be appreciated)

can anyone give me advice on who to contact as so far the phone lines have been totally useless!!

many thanks guys. 

16 REPLIES 16

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks too neat for a VM contractor! Seriously though, seems very funny with that cement in place, I would expect to see some cable somewhere. Only explanation I have is perhaps they have actually removed some cable. Have you had a probe in the grass channel to see if there is any cable at the bottom?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor

yes, had a good rummage this morning once I first noticed the trench and there is no visible cable anywhere. 

would it be possible that they got all the groundwork done then, before laying the cable realised they had the wrong address and tried to cover their tracks?

cheers

brc1982

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Or maybe they started the job and, before getting the cable in, then realised they were in the wrong place and tried to patch up what they had done before scarpering!

(Edit: Post crossed with @brc1982)

That’s my thought exactly! Not even a note left or anything!

let’s hope we can get to the bottom of this and find out who did it!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If any of your neighbours have CCTV, video camera doorbells etc. have a word and ask if their cameras captured anything around the time you think the work took place.

It's amazing that this is one of the neatest VM installs I've seen, and it was to the wrong customer.

I asked them once I first noticed the work and most were out at work etc. one neighbour said he saw a van that ‘possibly looked like Virgin’?? 
No video doorbells either but I’m considering buying one after this episode!