Menu
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unauthorised Install

Looks too neat for a VM contractor! Seriously though, seems very funny with that cement in place, I would expect to see some cable somewhere. Only explanation I have is perhaps they have actually removed some cable. Have you had a probe in the grass channel to see if there is any cable at the bottom?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
brc1982
Tuning in
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tudor

yes, had a good rummage this morning once I first noticed the trench and there is no visible cable anywhere. 

would it be possible that they got all the groundwork done then, before laying the cable realised they had the wrong address and tried to cover their tracks?

cheers

brc1982

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Or maybe they started the job and, before getting the cable in, then realised they were in the wrong place and tried to patch up what they had done before scarpering!

(Edit: Post crossed with @brc1982)

brc1982
Tuning in
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

That’s my thought exactly! Not even a note left or anything!

let’s hope we can get to the bottom of this and find out who did it!

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If any of your neighbours have CCTV, video camera doorbells etc. have a word and ask if their cameras captured anything around the time you think the work took place.

0 Kudos
Jonny-M
Up to speed
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It's amazing that this is one of the neatest VM installs I've seen, and it was to the wrong customer.

brc1982
Tuning in
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I asked them once I first noticed the work and most were out at work etc. one neighbour said he saw a van that ‘possibly looked like Virgin’?? 
No video doorbells either but I’m considering buying one after this episode!

0 Kudos