cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two females connectors?

zoese16
Settling in

Hello I have a box 3… our builder installed some wood panelling and I went to re plug in the box but suddenly I have two females connectors and no way of connecting them both. I also seem to have a wire out the box that wasn’t there. Would someone be kind enough to send me a picture of the piece I am missing? Do I need to repurchase a make connector for them both? The red label on the connector cable attached to the box says push, but now there is nothing to push into! 

14A778AF-975D-4663-9CFB-35739FE99BE1.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you remove the adaptor from the end of your quickstart cable, it will fit. 

The adaptor is this type of thing and someone has pushed (or screwed) into the end of the Quickstart cable, so it should come out.

https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you remove the adaptor from the end of your quickstart cable, it will fit. 

The adaptor is this type of thing and someone has pushed (or screwed) into the end of the Quickstart cable, so it should come out.

https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you, I’m afraid it it won’t come out. We have tried unscrewing it But it won’t Budge. Can we get an extra connector from b&q, the one you have sent is two females again! Much appreciated! 

We used plyers to pull it out. Thank you SO much 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@zoese16 wrote:

We used plyers to pull it out. Thank you SO much 

No problem, glad you got it sorted ! 

Hi @zoese16
Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear you had issues with your installation and connectors. 
Glad to hear you got this resolved. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Do not hesitate to contact us again on community forums if you need any further assistance, we'll be happy to help. 
@Adduxi Thanks so much for helping! 🙂

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley