cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total service loss

Ramrob
Joining in

My seventh day of total service loss. Just been given cable repull date of 04\04. That would be over three weeks total loss and presumably absolutely nothing I can do about it 

any suggestions most welcome .

8 REPLIES 8

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Apart from the agreed automatic compensation deal, no. I believe its £8 a day after the first 48 hours full loss..

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation 

Cables don't usually just fail, so this could be a duct collapse requiring construction work.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ramrob, thank you for posting to bring this to our attention. 

So sorry to hear of the disruptions to your service. As advised by nodrogd there are multiple external factors that can affect delays when it comes to a cable repull. You will have been provided with an appointment slot at the earliest possible date to get this resolved for you - sincerest apologies for this interruption, and thank you for your patience whilst we get it sorted. 

Have you raised a complaint with us so we have a record of your feedback and experiences? You can either do this yourself here or we can send you a PM to offer further support with this! 

If you already have a complaint raised you will be able to view it here

Please let us know if we can offer further support with the complaint and we will send you a PM. 

All the best. 

Molly

Thanks Molly, Have a repull date of 04/04 which will be a bit testing Ha !

Have already raised a complaint. 

Thanks again, Rob Morrison 

Hi @Ramrob,

Thank you for getting back to us with an update on this. I do apologise for the ongoing wait, but I assure you that we'll do all that we can to get thing sorted out ASAP.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance in the interim.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Update...the engineers were in my street today to fix my neighbours ( same issue three doors down ) loss of service and did not fix mine. 11 days total loss of service and no one cares 

Hi Ramrob 

Sorry to hear this

Did you have an engineer booked to come out today as well at the same time as your neighbour

Gareth_L

14 ( fourteen ) days total loss of service now . No I did not have an engineer booked. I just saw them literally outside my house and they did not even attempt to fix it.

Hi Ramrob,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are sorry to see your services are still down and that you are waiting for a cable re-pull, I was able to locate you on our system and can see there is a technician booked for the re-pull, if you do need to reschedule this for any reason or just check, this can be done Via your online account, in regards to any loss of service credits this would be added Via our Auto Compensation once this has been fixed.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.