cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Loss of Service

starcrackle
Tuning in

Last month a Virgin Media engineer was installing a new fibre connection just two houses down the road from me.  At the same time my Virgin fibre broadband stopped working.

The next day a Virgin engineer checked my fibre confirming my cable was dead and needed a re-pull.

Virgin have now failed to show up for 10 booked appointments in a row and I am still without any service.  They never contact me to cancel the appointments, forcing me to stay home in case they honour the visit this time.  (Virgin support always tells me to wait for the engineer)

Each time I contact Virgin Media support by phone or live chat, they tell me an engineer will arrive (which does not happen) and they have no ability to check directly with the engineers, so just make stuff up.

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond soon - but you should at least be getting compensation fot loss of service.

See this..

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

This wouldn't be the first time that a connection has been lost whilst working in close proximity to an adjacent connection.

[It happened to me whilst my neighbour was being connected at the green cabinet]

starcrackle
Tuning in

Thanks for the replies. I have also raised a complaint, but have had no response.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi starcrackle

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the delay in fixing your issue. This sounds like a repull that's waiting to be assigned but I'll PM you now to sort this out.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @starcrackle

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me the details. I have emailed my manager who will liaise with the field team to ensure the repull is assigned to a technician and completed asap. I will be in touch with you as soon as I know an update on this.

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Now 18 missed appointments and still no broadband or phone service.  How long is this going to drag on?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi starcrackle, 

I am sorry to hear this, I can see a tech appointment scheduled in.

You can view it here under orders and appointments.

Zoie

Did you not read the earlier replies about missed appointments? 

That "tech appointment scheduled in" you mentioned for today was yet another one that an engineer did not turn up for!  20 failed appointments in a row now. 

So please tell me when an engineer will actually turn up and stop fobbing me off.  It is appalling that VM just books appointments with no intention of honouring them!  VM are the ones that broke my cable in the first place!!

Unfortunately the "re-pull" process is broadly the same as the shambles of the new installs process.  VM engaged the cheapest cowboys on this earth to do the work through the usual big corporation, head-office-procurement-know-best route, have no systems linkages with said cowboys and therefore there's no accurate information, and no contractual leverage by VM staff or field managers over the cowboys. It's been a festering, self inflicted wound for a good two years now.  Complaints are ineffectual, even contacting the CEO complaints team has no effect.  One of the forum "superusers" had a loss of service last year - not VM's fault in the first place, but the conceptually simple fix took two or three months even with the goodwill of the forum staff, knowledge of the complaints system and the company, and expectations already set by what they saw here.  A favourite tactic when if does get repaired seems also to be blaming council permit delays for digging to resolve a blocked duct - this invariably turns out to be a lie to evade the Ofcom compensation requirements.

The good news, it could be fixed Monday.  The bad news, it could be three months or more.  You'll get no useful information, you might get the right £8.40 a day compensation paid automatically, but be prepared to have to check details with your local council on permit request and issue dates, and potentially to end up at the industry complaints adjudicator, CISAS.