cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer support / WhatsApp

Jack02023
Joining in

I wanted to sign up especially to give the feedback that customer support from Virgin Media is abysmal. I understand that this is a well know fact on this forum. I am merely adding to the statistics.

I signed up for Virgin Media a few months ago, they never came to install it at the agreed time (shock, horror). That led to my order being cancelled.

A few weeks later I went back to place the order again, this time they came at the agreed time. However of course they could not install as there is no line here, which was known at the time of placing the order and discussed with customer services before hand.

Cut a long story short, one unexpected event later and it is now installed. The issue now is I can’t access my Virgin Media account, when I log in it says I have no orders, no bills and that I have left Virgin. This is obviously wrong and is linked to my cancelled order (this is the first time I have been a customer).

I’ve contacted CS three times about this, and you just get the impression that they are not interested in helping you, or they are incapable and are trying to wriggle their way out of it to pass you to someone else.

1st guy - wait until after installation it will all be fine (I knew it wouldn’t be).

2nd guy - claimed to fix the record, wait 24h and it’ll all be fine (it wasn’t).

3rd guy - currently repeating the 2nd guy.

Dealing with this on WhatsApp is horrendous as it is not a live chat system. It is a poor messaging system where a response could come in 5 mins or 5 hours. However if you dare take longer than 15 mins to respond you are at risk of the chat closing and it havekng to start again, and go through the laborious security checks.

What a nightmare.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Welcome to Virginmedia's famous customer service! 

If you think joining is hard, wait until you try to leave... the telecommunications regulator OFCOM has started an investigation into Virginmedia's customer service with particular reference to complaints from people being frustrated trying to leave them. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Welcome to Virginmedia's famous customer service! 

If you think joining is hard, wait until you try to leave... the telecommunications regulator OFCOM has started an investigation into Virginmedia's customer service with particular reference to complaints from people being frustrated trying to leave them. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

From my short time on this forum, it has a very “you don’t have to be mad to live here, but it helps” vibe!.

@Jack02023 wrote:

Thank you for the warm welcome!

From my short time on this forum, it has a very “you don’t have to be mad to live here, but it helps” vibe!.

Good point, and you have already had an introduction to VM’s professionalism when it comes to a customer support provision! So probably it all work OK for you and you’ll never have to engage with them again.

On the other hand , if you do, then at least you will be under no delusions as to the competence or technical skills of the people you’ll deal with!

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Jack02023, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about the install problem you've been having. 

After your post here I can see you've spoke to the team about this issue, did they manage to give you any updates on this? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?