cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super hub 3 Ethernet ports have stopped working.

jonathan_rudge
Joining in

I have the same problem. Wifi working fine. Ethernet lights on solid green. If I unplug a cable, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in, no ethernet light for around 10 seconds. Then it starts blinking and I have connection back for a time. Have to try cable unplugging several times on some occasions. When I run a test on my connection the report says that my ethernet ports have poor signal !!!! And when I do have a connection there are often dropouts.

How do I get something done about this please?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Simple Q - have you tried a new Cat6a cable - these have better "shielding" and old cables can and do fail.

If its deffo the Hub ports - then you will have to call in and report it as a fault

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and the retentions are UK based and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jonathan_rudge

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Are you able to advise on the above from jbrennand? Please do provide us with an update.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Fitted new cat8 cables. Still the same fault on wired connections to two computers

. Will call 150 and report faulty hub

Hi @jonathan_rudge

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, have the team managed to resolve this via the phone? Please do provide us with an update and we can investigate further if needs be.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs