Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2 buzzing noise and wi-fi dropping out

I’ve got a super hub 2 and recently it has started making a low buzzing noise, electrical fault? Also the wifi has been dropping out more frequently, sometimes up to 10-15 minutes a few times a day. This has been happening for months just not anywhere near as frequently as it does now. I have tried resetting it but it doesn’t solve the problem.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 2 buzzing noise and wi-fi dropping out

I think you need to contact Virgin to get a Super Hub 3. Not only because your current hub sounds like it could be potentially knackered but also I'm not sure if the Super Hub 2s will work after this month when all Virgin TV boxes that are not a V6 or Tivo get "retired". I know the V6 boxes require a Super Hub 3, don't know about the Tivo boxes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 2 buzzing noise and wi-fi dropping out

Why would a TV box need a Hub3?

If it's the 2ac then it's still updated for most things, the regular 2 is easy to get replaced.  Just go to https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap and follow what it says.

Capacitor squeal or coil whine shouldn't be happening on any of VM's equipment (tho, if your ears are able to pick up those frequencies really well you can hear them if your close).  Sometimes it's just that a bit of glue has came away from the coil allowing the buzz to be audible, other times it's a sign that there's too much load on components, so I would say that now is a good time to swap out before it gets worse.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos