Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports app not working on hotspot

Any idea?

App working ok on WiFi but being away this week I’ve tried to use my hotspot & not working.

Just keeps saying ‘Oops something went wrong. Please Try again later’. 

Been trying all week. Installed & reinstalled & TVgo app working so can watch BT Sport etc ok but Sky Sports still on the blink.

Help please before the US Masters next weekend 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky sports app not working on hotspot

Just tried this, & it works fine on my hotspot until I select to watch SS Cricket, then it locks up with the same error you had & none of the streams work.

I logged out of the app, restarted my iPad & logged in again & the same happened again. The issue seems to be with selecting that one stream, which then locks up the facility on the app.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So some of your channels are working on the SS app I’m guessing?

Edited to add- tried doing that. Still getting the same message. Any other suggestions? 🤔

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jaggouk,

Thanks for raising the Sky Sports App issue on a WiFi hotspot to our Community.

Has there been any change with the Sky Sports App connection since your post? We'd like to help but if you could let us know if you've only tried to connect to one WiFi hotspot? Have you tried connecting to other hotspots and see if you're getting the same error message?

Let us know so we can check further. 

Regards,

Valerie_T

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried my wife’s hotspot & coming up with same message.

Virgin Go working fine on hotspot (including Sky Sports Mix) but it’s the channels through the Sky Sports app that aren’t working.

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling app and also what was suggested about logging out then switching off/on but again without success.

Working fine with WiFi.

Thanks. 👍🏻

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting in touch jaggouk.

Issues with streaming on the sky sports or cinema app, can be caused by any of the following circumstances.

• A good WiFi or mobile data (3G or above) connection is necessary to watch content. You must be trying to watch in the UK or the EU
  • Other devices using the same internet connection can impact service
  • A non-standard internet connection can also affect service, and problems may occur if using a proxy server, such as at school, work, university or in an internet café

When you say uninstalled the app, is that Virgin TV go app or the sky sports app that you've done this to?

Please see the following link for more information about the sky sports and cinema apps. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-sky-sports-sky-movies-issues

Thanks Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Uninstalled & reinstalled Sky Sports app.

I’m watching in the UK- East coast of Scotland- & the hotspot connection working fine with Virgin Go so not the 3G/4G mobile data. 

Sky Sports app working fine on WiFi so everything logged in properly. It’s just not connecting through the hotspot!! 

As I mentioned previously, I’m able to watch Sky Sports Mix through the phone hotspot connecting through Virgin Go. It’s just the Sky Sports app that I’m having problems with when using hotspot. 

Still the same error message as I said in opening post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming. As this only seems to be affecting specific Sky channels we can only apologise and feed this back to the relevant teams - which I will ensure gets done. In the meantime it might be worth reaching out to Sky as well to see if they can shed any further light. 

Tom_F

0 Kudos