cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't I be on 1Gb?

jmp1963
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thought I'd try posting here rather than holding on the phone. Not too sure if this is the right place either!

I recently extended my contract from the Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt. According to the package info I should be on 1Gb broadband but my account details says that I'm on M600.

I'm sure the postcode checker says my area has 1Gb. Could somebody look into this for me please.

Thanks,

JMP

4 REPLIES 4

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
My understanding is that some Ultimate Volt bundles with offers do currently come with M600.

If you want Gig1 with Ultimate Volt it's a different bundle deal.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

jmp1963
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply BenMcr, and I think your comments reflect a lot of customers confusion when it comes to VM.

According to the website there is only 1 Ultimate Volt bundle and this reflects my package exactly apart from the M600 as against the Gig1 broadband even down to the O2 sim. The price I pay however is £25 more than this and it was taken out as a new 18 month contract.

I'm not sure how or why it would be classed as a "different bundle" as it's still called the same with fundamentally the same services. I think you can see why I, and probably lots of other customers, are somewhat confused.

I am happy (on the whole) with VM and have been a customer for many, many years, all the way back to Yorkshire cable but it's always been difficult to understand why customers pay different amounts for the same services even when not 'New Customers'.

Cheers,

JMP

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jmp1963 wrote:

<snip>  I am happy (on the whole) with VM and have been a customer for many, many years, all the way back to Yorkshire cable but it's always been difficult to understand why customers pay different amounts for the same services even when not 'New Customers'.

Customer apathy mostly and not knowing they are paying over the odds.   Users should really be phoning retentions and looking for a better deal every time the contract is up for renewal.  VM is a business and will charge users whatever they think they can get away with.

However, when with retentions, be prepared to leave if that's one of your bargaining points.  They don't always drop prices to keep people, but rather just let then go.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jmp1963
On our wavelength

@Adduxi wrote:

@jmp1963 wrote:

<snip>  I am happy (on the whole) with VM and have been a customer for many, many years, all the way back to Yorkshire cable but it's always been difficult to understand why customers pay different amounts for the same services even when not 'New Customers'.

Customer apathy mostly and not knowing they are paying over the odds.   Users should really be phoning retentions and looking for a better deal every time the contract is up for renewal.  VM is a business and will charge users whatever they think they can get away with.

However, when with retentions, be prepared to leave if that's one of your bargaining points.  They don't always drop prices to keep people, but rather just let then go.

Whilst I agree with this (and indeed is something I have done many times) how do you know that what they offer you is anywhere near 'the best deal'?

Imagine going to the pub and ordering and paying for your round of drinks only to see the person behind you order exactly the same but get it for less. So next time you haggle and get the second round for less only to see the next person get it even cheaper!