Menu
BreadHead
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Should i be worried

I joined virgin at the start of march with an install date for the 23rd. There seems to be ALOT of horror stories about failed installs and practically no help from customer service. Obviously working from home is huge right now and if we cant get the broadband installed on the 23rd it is going to cause me and my wife huge complications. 

Im still waiting for "work" to be carried out outside of property but haven't seen anyone yet. Im satrtimg to worry this isn't going to be straight forward. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should i be worried

Do you have a "back up" plan ready to go?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
BreadHead
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I do not have a back up. I can't believe all the horror stories on this forum of unhelpful customer service and failed installations. its now 5 days until installation and still haven't seen anyone outside to do the external work. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

this is a support forum. You can't judge the overall services from a support forum 🙂

If you need internet for work its always best to have a backup for if it goes down. You are on a residential service with no SLA so if you lose internet (same with any ISP) you can't claim for loss of earnings/work etc.

4g sim cards are cheap. If you have enough data in your mobile you can teather as the backup to keep you online during any downtime
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Breadhead, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the community. 

When you have an installation booked, any pre-pull work can be carried out anytime up til the morning of your installation. We do try and do this before however depending on how busy the teams are you may not see anyone until then. 

If for any reason there are any issues, you will be notified as soon as we are aware of them. 

Let us know how the installation goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BreadHead
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Suprise suprise my installation date has been put back till the 15th of april as they left it till the day before to pull the cable and found out they need to do extra work. I signed up to virgin at the start of march and they think its ok to leave it till the last day to check is unacceptable. We phoned numerous times before to remind them they hadn't done the work yet only to be told to have faith.

Customer service is a joke. Its almost impossible to understand what is being said. Every time i have spoken to someone they seem to want to speak as fast as they possibly can in broken english. 

I booked holiday to be in for the installation so thats now wasted. Working from home is now a massive headache as we have to wait for a dongle thats limited on how much we can use it. 

I wish i read these forums before signing up because it definitely would have stopped me signing up. Absolutely will not be recommend virgin to anyone. 

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello @BreadHead,

I am sorry about the issues you have had with us so far, I know this is not ideal 😞

I have sent an email out to see if I can get a more detailed explanation on why this has happened.

I will update you once I have received a response.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BreadHead
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So give you all an update. Installation was pushed back to 15th of april as they needed to pull cable. They sent us a dongle that doesn't work. It will not stay connected to the internet. Just had a phone call and its been pushed back again to 25th of MAY. ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS service. As a gesture of goodwill they are sending out a different dongle that they are positive will work. 

What the hell is going on with this company. Now off to phone competitors. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi BreadHead,

We are sorry for the further delay in getting you installed, some things are out of our hand and this is one of them, this is down to Civils and us getting the approval from the local council to carry out the construction work to get you installed.

We are sorry for the continued inconvenience caused, I can confirm the alternative WIFI dongle has been sent to you and hopefully will work and allow you to continue using a connection while we continue to get this issue resolved for you.

Regards

Paul.

BreadHead
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So this is getting beyond a joke now. I cant believe i keep updating this thread with disappointment after disappointment. Yodel just delivered the new dongle and guess what. Its EXACTLY the same as the previous one with the same virgin sim card. I was assured over the phone it would be an EE sim card has the virgin one doesn't get any signal. Can someone on here please help me.  

I would rather poke myself in the eye than phone customer services. All they ever give are empty promises. 

0 Kudos