Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Setting up with old Telewest box: what's needed for Broadband ?

I have an old Telewest box in the house, which I haven't used since we moved in 7 years ago. It's in good condition and has 2 output ports (FM, TV). Both are threaded. Would the Quickstart kit work with this to get broadband in ? And are there any additional connections an engineer needs to make at the cabinet or in the street ?

I'm hoping to get away without an engineer having to visit, so am interested in what's likely to be needed

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting up with old Telewest box: what's needed for Broadband ?

To save lots of headaches if something goes wrong have an engineer install.

There have been quite a lot of Quickstarts / Self Installations going pear shaped since they started offering it.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Normally I would totally agree with @MikeRobbo, but at the present time where technicians are thin on the ground it may be quicker to get a self install and only request a technician if it fails. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Self install would be a lot quicker and should work if you connect to the Tv port. If you do have any issues you can always arrange a visit from a technician 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos