Menu
csquirrel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Security certificate warning still showing on site when SSL installed properly

On one website I manage the SSL certificate was improperly installed, causing a warning to show on any browser I tested it on – my webhost installed the certificate again, and the site loaded fine – except on all browsers where I had connected via Virginmedia's Wifi. (The site loads if I switch off Wifi and use mobile data, and on any other machine not on this Wifi.)

My webhost said I need to clear the cache on my Hub 3.0. How do I do this? Is cache clearing not something that happens every so often anyway? I have rebooted the router and cleared all the browser caches with no effect.

Do I need to do a factory reset on the Hub, or something else?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security certificate warning still showing on site when SSL installed properly

Very unlikely to be anything in the hub as it's kinda dumb. More likely to be a cache elsewhere, but where is another question. I'd just give it a few days and it should fix itself. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security certificate warning still showing on site when SSL installed properly

Yes. Do a factory reset with the pin switch.  Not a guarantee but It's the first thing to try with any Hub problems. Make sure that the password label is still readable as they will be reset to default/

0 Kudos
csquirrel
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your replies... have now managed to do a factory reset, but still getting the warning message about the security certificate...

do you have any other suggestions for what might fix it?

thanks for your help

Chris

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

can you access the site without https.
What does it say is wrong with the cert.

Maybe its trying to block the site under websafe or childsafe
0 Kudos
csquirrel
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no, can't access the site without https... I'm sure the warning mesage first appeared when the SSL certificate wasn't loaded properly at the webost, nothing to do with websafe or child safe... but now I just can't get rid of it, it seems like the warning is in a cache somewhere, as the site is fine on mobile and other computers not on the same Wifi network!

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

can you post a screen shot of the Cert its loading
0 Kudos
csquirrel
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Strangely in the meantime I've discovered a fix... where I was getting the warning message for [removed] found that if I added the www at the start of the URL it will load properly... so not a complete fix but enough to allow me to view and add to the site!

thanks for everyone's help with this

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos