cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous System of Installation

Fahadali17
Tuning in

Took a contract and got the date of installation on 8th June.

Very frustrating and annoyed to come to know today that installation can’t be done until another company comes and do their work.

Upon repeatedly asked to engineer how long would that take for that company to come and do their work and been told it can be one day two day one week two weeks three weeks. Very unfair on the new customer to put on hold like this without being specific with the dates.

This is very ridiculous and now what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Off course well aware why the CAPS are on!!!

thank you for the link though!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes it is ridiculous. You're quite right but that's the way they work - or rather don't work. If you have a look through this forum you will see how many people are in the same position.

As to what to do, you can either sit patiently waiting for something to happen, or change to another supplier. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

28 DAYS!!!!Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 14.04.59.png

I took a contract on 30.05.2022 and got the date of installation on 8th June.

Very frustrating and annoyed to come to know today that installation can’t be done until another company comes and do their cabelling work.

Upon repeatedly asking to engineer how long would take for that company to come and do their work and being told it can be one day two days one week two weeks three weeks. Very unfair and furious for the new customer to be put on hold like this without being specific with the dates.

Then asked to speak to the technician's manager and the manager said to raise a complaint with customer service instead of at least listening the issue. Very frustrating how this was dealt with.

Then called customer service,
Spoke to someone(IGNORANT COLLEAGUE) who listened and transferred the call and then the call was hanged up after 32 minutes.
Called again then yet again another IGNORANT COLLEAGUE listened to the whole story and transfer the call which ended as someone hanged up
Called again and then again it listened and this time I requested to speak to the manager and yet again it was transferred to another ignorant colleague and who again listened to the whole frustration and hang up
Called up again and asked to speak to the manager and again was hung up
Then someone again when I called and listened to me and was asked to call the installation team

This whole issue which I explained above happened again with the installation team. Spoke to 7 different people ignorant colleagues and had no outcomes.

IS THIS HOW I AM SUPPOSED TO BE TREATED AS A NEW CUSTOMER?
IS THIS HOW YOU PUT THE FAKE CONTRACTS WITH NEW CUSTOMERS?
IS THIS HOW YOU MISLEAD THE NEW CUSTOMERS ON YOUR WEBSITE THAT THE CONNECTION IS AVAILABLE AND CAN BE INSTALLED?
WHY DO THERE NO PRE-CHECKS THAT CONNECTION CAN NOT BE DONE BEFORE PUTTING ME IN CONTRACT AND GIVING ME THE DATE OF INSTALLATION?
WHY NO TECHNICIAN WAS NOT SENT BEFORE TO CHECK BEFORE THE ALLOCATION OF THE INSTALLATION DATE?

WHY THERE IS A NEW DATE OF INSTALLATION GIVEN SHOWING IN THE EMAIL AS I CANCELLED IT!!!
(AS STATED IN THE EMAIL: We hope this appointment works for you, but if you need to change it again you can do this by visiting My Virgin Media your online area here, or by using our free app - download it here.)

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Fahadali17 wrote:

IS THIS HOW I AM SUPPOSED TO BE TREATED AS A NEW CUSTOMER?   YES
IS THIS HOW YOU PUT THE FAKE CONTRACTS WITH NEW CUSTOMERS?   YES
IS THIS HOW YOU MISLEAD THE NEW CUSTOMERS ON YOUR WEBSITE THAT THE CONNECTION IS AVAILABLE AND CAN BE INSTALLED?    YES
WHY DO THERE NO PRE-CHECKS THAT CONNECTION CAN NOT BE DONE BEFORE PUTTING ME IN CONTRACT AND GIVING ME THE DATE OF INSTALLATION?    That would cost money
WHY NO TECHNICIAN WAS NOT SENT BEFORE TO CHECK BEFORE THE ALLOCATION OF THE INSTALLATION DATE?    That would cost money

WHY THERE IS A NEW DATE OF INSTALLATION GIVEN SHOWING IN THE EMAIL AS I CANCELLED IT!!!
(AS STATED IN THE EMAIL: We hope this appointment works for you, but if you need to change it again you can do this by visiting My Virgin Media your online area here, or by using our free app - download it here.)  Installation dates are only estimates and may be delayed again

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See message 3 in this other thread...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Delay-after-Delay/m-p/5035027#M205595

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @Fahdali17,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am so sorry to hear your install has been delayed and you've not had the best experience. Appreciate this isn't a great start. 

I would like to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and we'll take it from there. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Fahadali17 wrote:

I took a contract on 30.05.2022 and got the date of installation on 8th June.

Very frustrating and annoyed to come to know today that installation can’t be done until another company comes and do their cabelling work.

Upon repeatedly asking to engineer how long would take for that company to come and do their work and being told it can be one day two days one week two weeks three weeks. Very unfair and furious for the new customer to be put on hold like this without being specific with the dates.

Then asked to speak to the technician's manager and the manager said to raise a complaint with customer service instead of at least listening the issue. Very frustrating how this was dealt with.

Then called customer service,
Spoke to someone(IGNORANT COLLEAGUE) who listened and transferred the call and then the call was hanged up after 32 minutes.
Called again then yet again another IGNORANT COLLEAGUE listened to the whole story and transfer the call which ended as someone hanged up
Called again and then again it listened and this time I requested to speak to the manager and yet again it was transferred to another ignorant colleague and who again listened to the whole frustration and hang up
Called up again and asked to speak to the manager and again was hung up
Then someone again when I called and listened to me and was asked to call the installation team

This whole issue which I explained above happened again with the installation team. Spoke to 7 different people ignorant colleagues and had no outcomes.

That to me sounds like better customer service than most people get.

I mean, they actually answered the phone before then hanging up on you repeatedly.

That's progress.

Well done VM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread has more caps than Shilton, Rooney and Beckham put together 🙄

Fahadali17
Tuning in

Thank you all for your input into this thread however this is not going to be stopped here. I will ensure this matter goes as far as it can be!