cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning old hub

Bazzer
On our wavelength

My hub 2 was recently upgraded to a hub 3. The instructions online said to take the old hub 2 to a recycling centre (HWRC).

I've just received an email listing the hub 2 serial number requesting that I return my hub via a CollectPlus store but no return label was sent in the box and this is not what the online instructions say to do with an old hub 2.

Please advise

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Give it a day or two to see if the forum team can get this ironed out, as that's quickest and easiest for all concerned.

If they can't sort it out, raise a formal complaint with VM using the online form in My Virgin Media asking that they cancel/refund any charges intended or made, failing which you require a deadlock letter for the purposes of taking the matter to the industry complaints scheme, CISAS.  In the meanwhile VM will probably go ahead and add a £30 or so "Non-returned equipment charge" to your next bill.  Let that go through, you're going to get the money back eventually, and if VM aren't careful they'll be clobbered for the significant costs of a CISAS review.

Possibly the VM complaint will be properly considered and they'll cancel the charge, but don't get your hopes up, VM's complaint handling is very poor.  If they fob you off, close the complaint, reject it, then you use the deadlock letter to take the matter up with CISAS, asking for a settlement of refund of any charge, plus compensation for the inconvenience and distress.  You can't complain to CISAS unless you have already complained to VM, and then you either have to have a deadlock letter, or alternatively you have to allow eight weeks from the date of your complaint.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good Morning @Bazzer

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for your post. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

Have you managed to receive the returns lable? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Bazzer
On our wavelength

Hi Zac,

Thanks for the reply. 

I have the hub 2, its power supply and the box the new hub 3 came in but no return label

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am unsure why you received an email stating to take it to a collect plus store. I assure you that you can recycle this without any issues. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Bazzer
On our wavelength

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the reply, heres a copy of the email

Hello,

We recently sent you a new piece of equipment to replace the equipment you currently had and now you have this connected to our network we need you to return the old equipment back to us.

Please follow the simple instructions we’ve provided in the pack that we delivered with the new equipment. We use Collect+ services for returning equipment, and you can find your nearest drop off point at collectplus.co.uk/storefinder

What needs to be returned?

The description and serial number of the equipment are shown below:

Item Type Item Description Serial Number
Broadband RouterNetgear Super Hub************

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

CPEQS-P1-COM224

Thank you for getting back to us @Bazzer

Apologies for any confusion! Just to assure you again, you can recycle this equipment, it does not need to be returned. 

Please do get back in touch if you have any further issues we can help with. 

All the best. 

Molly