cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement coaxial cable / isolator cable

sancsan
Joining in

Hi,

I need a replacement isolator cable as I need to move my router and current cable is not long enough. On calling virgin media, they advised me to go out and buy one in any shop but reading through the other post in the community, I believe VM should be providing the cable. Can someone from VM help with this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Definitely a bad idea to buy it yourself - that can cause all manner of troubles the unsuspecting will not anticipate.  For £25, VM will do it for you, and if it's a long move should check the power levels and connection.  Money well spent, in my view.

I've marked your post for staff to advise, I believe they can book you a non-fault call out.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Definitely a bad idea to buy it yourself - that can cause all manner of troubles the unsuspecting will not anticipate.  For £25, VM will do it for you, and if it's a long move should check the power levels and connection.  Money well spent, in my view.

I've marked your post for staff to advise, I believe they can book you a non-fault call out.

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi you are quite correct no virgin employee should be telling people that, virgins cable is a special type which is not on the market, they will do this but as a non fault issue they will charge a set fee of £25 and an engineer will have to do it, phone again and hope you get someone who knows what they are doing. Regards Micky

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sancsan, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry for the information in which you've been advised by the agent in question - always the best option is for us to do this. As mentioned in the thread there is a £25 non fault call out charge for this. Please let me know if this is something you would like me to arrange for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thanks everyone for your help so far.

Hi Ryan,

yes, can you please arrange that for me. Let me know how you want to proceed. 

Thanks

Hi sancsan,

I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details so we can get things set up.

Cheers,
Corey C

Hi @sanscan,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

HarryAri1
Tuning in

Hi

I need a replacement cable.

Harry

@HarryAri1 wrote:

Hi

I need a replacement cable.

Harry

Create your own thread then.

Hi HarryAri1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're needing a replacement cable. 

We're not able to send cable out however we can arrange for an engineer to come out to install a new cable for you. As above, there is a £25 charge for this and we'll need to confirm your address before booking the appointment. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs