Menu
Calum2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Router

Hi,

Last week switched router on and off as was having issues, for some reason switching back on it just died. Couldn’t find the wifi network at all had an engineer out and now a week later have another Hub3 router. Setup this morning about 7 hours ago waited the 30 mins it suggested then rang number and sent the signal to “activate” it. Still no luck, I can find the network on my devices but it’s flicking between flashing bottom green light  + solid wifi green & then occasional the two arrows as well.Any suggestions? Going over a week now no internet....

All cables checked, done hard reset. Logged into router online it shows “access denied” against the internet..

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement Router

did the tech give you the new hub or had you arranged to get on sent - as you had a working line its unlikely to be a fault with that just the hub not on your account or not activated

do you still have the old hub - worth plugging that in with the new power supply from replacement hub - it might just work

do another reset just to be sure - press the button a good 30 sec - dont guess time it - if that does not help try the activation line again - 0800 953 9500

again if that does not help keep trying the phone - 8 in the morning is the best time and/or post back here

Tony
0 Kudos
Calum2020
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No had none left so got it through the post. Tried old router new power source but it just goes white straight away doesn’t even look like it reboots and same issue as not being able to find the network on devices. 
Setup back on new router hard reset again, still flashing green can see in settings under connected devices it’s showing my laptop on wifi 300mbs+ speed suggest it is working ? Just that’s access denied, I’ll try ringing in morning Jsut rang that number but it’s closed.

Thanks for replying 

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Calum2020

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your equipment and for the delay in response. 

Are you able to confirm if you have spoken to the team or still require assistance as unfortunately I have been unable to locate your account via the Community details. 

Please let me know and I will be happy to assist further. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Calum2020
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Finally sorted yes, manager rang and it all of a sudden worked... 

week and half later though not the best cost me a fair bit in terms of extra data for work given how much were relying on internet at the moment. 

0 Kudos