cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of cable and box

hfwarner
Tuning in

Hi

i have recently moved into a house where the previous owner had virgin broadband installed. The cabling was installed inside a green plastic tubing which stretches across the front garden and isn’t buried. In fact we can’t bury it as it goes across paving and a wall but is a massive trip risk.

We won’t be using virgin media and would like this cable and the box inside the house removed please. How do I arrange?

thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Thank you for your help!

appreciate the clarity.
Yes I agree, it’s a monstrosity and also dangerous. Also it’s hardly the best option for VM as it stands. I’ve already put a garden tool through the green sheathing by accident and my elderly mother has tripped over it. 
I sort of feel I’m hardly obliged to go to the effort of encouraging VM to come out and sort it but I thought it best to try for the benefit of other neighbours who do use VM. 

I’ll give it a few days and see what happens.

thanks for your help.

Thank you for the update @hfwarner.

We truly apologise to both you and your mother on behalf of the team. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

MickHarro
Joining in

Hi,

I also have an old virgin box I would like removing. My sister cancelled a few years ago but the box was never picked up. She no longer lives in the country so I don't have details to hand when I call up. 

Thanks,

Michael

HI MickHarro, 

When you say box is it a Set Top Box or a Broadband Hub?

If you can take a picture post it on here we can take it from there. It might be not worth collections as we only require certain ones back now 

Gareth_L

Hi,

It is a set top box. From what I gathered from the links I have been provided by the Twitter account is that it's an old box which they would not pick up. Quite hard to just unplug though as the cable is screwed in pretty tight. Can't upload a pic as it's too big

I have used a pair of pliers before now to undo.

Worked a charm. Thank you very much

Good Morning @MickHarro, can you confirm what model of set top box it is you have? 

Is may be worth looking into having this recycled, if it's some of our older pieces of kit..

Kindest regards,

David_Bn