cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on Hub 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have the dreaded red light of doom on my Hub 3. 

In router mode. Have factory reset. Hub is not hot etc. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous thanks for getting back to me privately.  

I have booked the first available technician to attend your property.  You can view the appointment here.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have done the reset, then the Hub will need replaced,  It's a fire risk if the overheat warning is not functioning properly.

Call it in or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to arrange a replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Escalated to the Forum Team as a potential fire risk may result.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cardiffman281, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I would love to help get the issue of the red light on your hub 3 resolved.  To enable me to do so, I am going to need to send out a technician.  To do this I am going to send you a private message to confirm some details.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have done. Thanks Lee. 

Hi @Anonymous thanks for getting back to me privately.  

I have booked the first available technician to attend your property.  You can view the appointment here.

Regards

Lee_R

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update to say this all went smoothly from first post to engineer visit. Hub 3 replaced like for like and all is good thanks.

Just as an aside those in modem mode might want to switch back to router mode occasionally as it is not immediately evident in modem mode that the modem mode red light might be concealing a router mode warning red light. 

Thanks for the update @Anonymous, and I'm pleased to hear that the switching over of the Hub 3 went smoohtly.

Appreciate the side note for our customers in Modem Mode too!

Kindest regards,

David_Bn