cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really disappointed with whole process of setting up new broadband and account - want to cancel already

t0ria
Tuning in

My new hub for my new broadband arrived today. I have been trying to set it up and it has been a nightmare.

I spoke to technical support for over 30 minutes and they had no idea what I was talking about. They didn't know what kind of box I had or anything about my new account. 

Eventually they were in the process of organising an engineer and got cut off and didn't call back.

I can't use My Virgin Media due to an absolutely insane issue that my email address was associated to an old account I closed in 2018 so I have no access to it. 

I can't view or change engineer appointment as I can't log in.

At the moment, all I want to do is cancel and send everything back

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you activated the hub? Call 0800 953 9500. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi t0ria, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue since joining. 

We can certainly check the account to see if the engineer visit has been scheduled and if not, we can sort this for you. 

In order to take a further look at things I will need to pass data protection with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi t0ria, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this via private message. 

I'm happy to hear we've been able to get things resolved for you. 

Where you find you have the error, make sure you delete the cache and cookies and this should move on then 🙂 

Keep us posted on if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs