Menu
ainaraazcona
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No VM wall socket

Hello!

I am in the same situation. When I joined through the website, self installation was available so we ordered that.

Yesterday I managed to speak on the chat with someone who confirmed that we can do a self install.

However, and looking at the self install videos, in our house there is no Virgin Media socket so I believe we need to book a manned installation.

The self install kit is meant to arrive on Saturday, I have been trying to call and message through chat with no luck, just been on hold for very long time. Could someone get in touch to book a manned installation, pretty please?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ainaraazcona wrote:

Hello!

I am in the same situation. When I joined through the website, self installation was available so we ordered that.

<snip>

There may not be a socket.  Look outside for the VM brown wall box and trace the cable to the inside.  It may just be the cable without a box.

If so, you might also need one of these  Tristar Data cable coupler | DIY at B&Q  

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ainaraazcona,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum!

I've been able to locate your account using your Forum details, and I can see that you spoke with a member of our team about this problem this morning. Were they able to get everything sorted for you? Please let me know if you need any more help with this.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
ainaraazcona
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for getting back to me. After hours on hold I was able to talk with the right team and they have sorted it out for me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ainaraazcona,

That's excellent news, apologies for the long time on hold! Please let me know if you need any more help with anything moving forward.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos