cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Gone Away form

HiroMina
Joining in

Hi Virgin media team

I have signed up for virgin broadband last week but received an email today from your company saying about “Gone Away form”?

I’m not sure what this is about so please let me know what I should do.

2 REPLIES 2

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

A goneaway normally means there is an active account at the address still. I can certainly look into the status of your order for you, however i'll need to take a few details via private message for security beforehand. 

Please keep an eye on the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

jem101
Superstar

as @Christy_D says a ‘gone away form’ means that a previous occupier of that property still has a ‘live’ VM account and they haven’t told VM that they are moving away so as far as VM are concerned, they are still there, using the services and paying for them.

I believe that the form is a claim that you have now moved in and the previous occupant has gone, now you will understand that VM just can’t take your word for it and need to make reasonable efforts to confirm this. Realistically there may be some delay until you can get a connection in that property in your own name.