cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cost of moving cable entry point?

paul243
On our wavelength

How do I book a visit to move my VM master socket?

Needs to re-route externally approx 20metres.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @paul243 

I've created a new thread for you in the Quickstrat set up and connections forum rather than in the speed forum.

It will be picked up quicker here as a new thread.

There is a one of non fault charge of £25 for moving the master socket. It used to be £99.

You can either call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Or if you wait a day or two a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and organise it.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate).  You could try their "Chat" or Twitter options but that may be hit and miss

Or a VM person should pick this up here in a day or two and can arrange it for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @paul243 

I've created a new thread for you in the Quickstrat set up and connections forum rather than in the speed forum.

It will be picked up quicker here as a new thread.

There is a one of non fault charge of £25 for moving the master socket. It used to be £99.

You can either call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Or if you wait a day or two a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and organise it.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

paul243
On our wavelength

Thanks for that, where is the connections forum?

paul243
On our wavelength
Sorry, found it!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Paul,

This is the new thread, I subscribed you to this new thread so you could keep up to date with any replies.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi @paul243,

Apologies for the delayed response here. Do you still need our help with this, or have you called and spoke with the team since your last post?

So that you're aware, there is a cost of £25 to carry this work out. You can find more information via our Price Guide.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

paul243
On our wavelength

Sorted thanks.