cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 3 Months Delayed Installation

ara32
Joining in

Hi Tom,

Also experiencing the exact same issues and yesterday told the outside work has been delayed again. Would appreciate it if you could also log a complaint against our account too. 

Thanks. 

15 REPLIES 15

ara32
Joining in

Would appreciate any advice from anyone in a similar position to us. 

We ordered Virgin fibre on the 28th September and we are still waiting for it. We have had numerous delays with various excuses about different outside work. 3 installation visits where VM engineers have come and said they can't install due to the cabling. Frustrating for them and us. 

We had a visit from Kier yesterday who explained that the duct is blocked and although through best efforts in the dark for over an hour, they could do resolve. The engineer has escalated out job on numerous occasions before but nothing has been done. The frustration with customer service is extreme. Nobody gives an answer and just says the same thing 'it will be done before your date' which we now have absolutely no faith in. Working full time means I have no time to continue to be on hold for hours, nor time to write lengthy complaints (to note I have made a complaint which has been ignored). 

Unfortunately we have no access to another fibre provider on our road. It's extremely frustrating. We will have to use a broadband connection for now but it's not a sustainable option full time due to the speeds available to us. 

I am baffled as to how a company can operate in this way. I have spent many hours reading about how others are in a similar position to us,.many others. I can't understand how there is still such a shocking lack of accountability. 

If anyone has any advice with how to move this forward/get any relevant information / support it would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi @ara32, thanks for your post and I'm so sorry that you're having problems with your installation.

I've checked your account and there is already a complaint that remains open as you've mentioned. This is with the Installation Team at the moment and they'll be in touch with you before closing your complaint, to ensure that you are happy with the resolution.

It looks like following Kier's visit to you last week, that this has been raised appropriately and internally to ensure that further delays don't happen again for you. As things stand, your installation date should now remain and not change from the date it says on your My Virgin Media app.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Tom_W

Thanks for the reply. 

We are down to have outside work completed on the 11th. I'll message back on here if this is not completed. 

Thanks. 

JBe
On our wavelength

@ara32

Are you taking bets as to whether they'll connect you on the 11th?     If so, put me down for £10 that it won't happen.....    (see my post 😁)

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@ara32 wrote:

Hi Tom,

Also experiencing the exact same issues and yesterday told the outside work has been delayed again. Would appreciate it if you could also log a complaint against our account too. Thanks. 

Report your experience of these delays to OFCOM via their monitoring form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Sadly, it won't do anything to help your individual situation but, if all of the customers posting on here who have experienced these delays reported them, it may start to form a collection of evidence of VM's (lack of) activity in this area.

Will most definitely do this. I can't understand how a large company such as this can operate in such a way. 

I believe they have to pay something like £5 a day compensation each time they delay an installation. Anyone else claimed this already? 

Thanks for the responses 

JBe
On our wavelength

Copied from a different thread, but should apply to you too I reckon:

"I can appreciate this must be a really frustrating experience for you. I just want to reassure you that you will be entitled to compensation through our auto-comp scheme, of £5.04 per day from the day you were first promised install until the day we complete the installation. You can see some more info about the scheme here."

"We ordered Virgin fibre on the 28th September and we are still waiting for it."       Assume the promised install date was say 2 weeks later or so, lets use 14th October and be kind ...

Just trying to run the numbers as I'm in a similar position, and Santa was particularly kind to the kids this Christmas so every penny counts.....

If connection happened tomorrow for example.   14/10/21 to 5/1/22 is about 83 days.   £5.04 x 83 is  £418.32

I'm hoping they keep fibbing about my install now until next Christmas which would take me to £2096.64.    That then buys me lots of mince pies for xmas 2022.  Perhaps some clotted cream too.

Sent with genuine best wishes despite my sarcasm... 😘

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Don't count the money just yet. If Virgin can claim that the delay was for reasons beyond their control they won't have to pay.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

And I believe it is actually paid as an account credit, rather than a suitcase full of cash!