cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property connection issue, how can I get updates of works.

ghostlyease
On our wavelength

I am at a loss, I really dont know what else to do as I cant seem to talk to anybody at Virgin, and talking to them online is just frustrating as the few I have spoken to have very bad English and im sure they dont understand my problem. 

A short summary, we had a new fence put in by our landlord, our home phone stopped working that same day, 1st Dec, but was also the day there was a massive outage (we was emailed and txt about it, warning us) got Virgin around and they said the cable was broken but internet was fine so didnt really understand why 1 would work and 1 wouldnt but engineer booked someone to redo cables, on Saturday 4th 2 Virgin vans pulled up and they roped from the street to the box next to our property, took them 10 mins, then they sat on their phones for 45 mins in their respective vans, today I get back from work and spoke to my neighbour who told me Virgin were working in the box next to my property and had knocked on my door a few times, I was at work, no appointment was made, I have no idea what they was here for or what they did, but now we have no internet either, I do not know why, I cant find out why, I cant book an engineer, its so frustrating.

I understand things cant work all the time and if cables are damaged then they need to be repaired/replaced but tell us what going on, is there anywhere I can find out what is going on, talk to an actual person, find out when we can expect to be back online and our phone line fixed. 

Im getting very frustrated. 

4 REPLIES 4

ghostlyease
On our wavelength

Can someone from Virgin assists please, I should be updated as to what is going on with my connection, we cant use our baby monitor while our internet, or the white noise come to that, and now no phone thats essential with little to no phone reception at home.  After and hour and a half talking to onilne help I am still none the wiser, they admit something was done in the cabinet yesterday. 

Hi ghostlyease

Sorry to hear this

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Done, its all so frustrating, I am having to stream 2 firesticks, 2 laptops & 2 tablets from my phone, I have had to increase my data to unlimited to cover what we are streaming, and I cant even find out what they did on Thursday. 

No chance of us working from home as suggested by the government. 

Hi ghostlyease, 

Thanks for doing that for us. I can see Gareth has been in contact and given you information on what's happening. 

Please keep us posted on how things go after the visit. 

If you need any further support - you know where we are. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs