Menu
Moogliboogli
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre pull delays

UPDATE ***

Agent Named “Marvin” Lied to me and told me he was transferring me to a manager or supervisor and basically put me back in the queue because he couldn’t be bothered to deal with my issue. This is totally unacceptable. They had better follow through and get this cable installed for me. I’m so angry right now. 

Tags (2)
anj747
Tuning in
Message 32 of 69
Flag for a moderator

This tactic of putting you on hold is not a exception. I only signed up for Virgin in December, and I have been cut off whilst being put on hold on at least 5 occasions. 

I work for a small firm that makes call-centre software, and I can tell you the pressure we get from clients for investigating just a single cut-off is immense. I cannot believe this is the norm for Virgin.

0 Kudos
JBe
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Yes it's really silly when you have to contact the call centre.   Not sure where it is located in the world - somewhere in Asia I think - but the "lies" to get a customer with anything resembling a complaint or issue off the phone / transferred / cut off is not acceptable.

I wonder who at Virgin Media made the decision to go this route.     I expect a Finance person because the labour will almost certainly be cheaper there.

Of course, there are plenty of other companies who use out-sourced call centres with positive results.   But there is an endemic issue with Virgin Media's process when an issue is 'off-script',  and the escalation process seems non-existent.  

For sure use a call centre to triage calls in the first instance, but make sure there is a local (UK in our case) escalation 'customer care' team which I'm sure would resolve 95% of our issues here.

Moogliboogli
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Update **

Installation date has been pushed back to 31/1/22 yet again. They’re saying there’s still a permission they need from the council which they said would only take 24-48 hours which is probably the section 50 that a user told me about earlier on in this post. I will be calling Friday to make sure they get this done. 
Just when you think the end is a in sight you get another issue that I was told they already had solved but it seems not. 
How do you operate like this virgin? 
How are you going to improve your service as it is clearly lacking truth and integrity? 
I’d love to be positive about the situation but tell me how I can like this ? 

You’re right on the money there my issue could of been fixed easily if also the departments for example the Wayleave department had direct phone links to each other but it seems that they all rely on emails that take days for responses which then gets lost probably based on everything that’s happening with my installation currently  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 35 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Mooglibooglie

Thank you so much for your update and I am so sorry that this has happened.

Can I ask if you were able to call yesterday at all? If so what did our teams advise?

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Moogliboogli
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 69
Flag for a moderator

I have checked with The Pre installation team and  I have been told the permission from the council has been approved for the cable pre pull to go ahead on 22/1/22 so I’m a little more optimistic that this could actually be taken care of by the end of this month! I’m not going to get my hopes up because it’s been held up many times before but it will all be worth it if it does. 
If the installation goes ahead as planned I think it would be a good idea for someone from virgin to give me a call so we can talk about how we can help the many people that are in similar situations to me so we can refine the process of getting installations done. 
1. You then get happier customers 

2. You reduce lost hours and save yourselves money as the process becomes more free flowing and less stressful as I know most people just give up.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update @Moogliboogli,

I am sorry for the delay with getting you installed, please do let us know how it goes on the 22nd.

We take this as internal feedback, we would be unable to call you to discuss our ways of working.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Moogliboogli
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Okay I’ll wait for Saturday to roll around and I’ll update this post on what happens next 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 39 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Anyone fancy a sweepstake on the likely result?

Can I have ‘Well a dog came by and cocked his leg up the VM cabinet but other than that nothing happened at all’ please?

0 Kudos
Moogliboogli
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 69
Flag for a moderator

There’s now a little hope as they have booked in for permission from the council and it’s been approved so we’ll see if they make use of the time . I’ll give them this last chance. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos