cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre install

Waqasb
Tuning in

Was promised to get my broadband up and running on the 17th of January 2023. Got a text message a day before saying we are delaying it until 21st feb.  These are brand new lines that have been installed in my area. I’ve seen and spoken to pre install team. Saw them pulling the wires at the port outside my property. Still delaying it and now a surveyor came a week ago and said everything is done all that needs to be done is the fiber box installed outside my house with the cabling too.  Daily reschedule of pre install work on my virgin app. Can’t get a straight answer from anyone. I am running without broadband at my house due to the promise and miss leading by virgin and I had cancelled my broadband. Pre install called me twice. Ringing my phone for one bell and when I call back no notes on the system. Shambles. 
spoke to another virgin engineer outside my house who’s doing work to another house. Said to me they ordered it a week after me and has already got the inside installation work completed. This is getting ridiculous and I just want a simple answer.  I’m not waiting any longer for some broadband to be installed

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Those brand new lines that you have seen might just be same as came here empty tubes for the FTTP / RFoG fibre to run in.

As you ( and we ) experienced go-live expectation management is not stellar.

Being in the industry we knew the work to be done had lead times and the initial go live date was not possible.

Snags can occur right at the end, so retain your existing ISP service until after the VM internet is fully operational & your kit is working with it.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Waqasb,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your pre-install and install appointments.

It seems like your pre-install appointment and construction has been complete. I'll be more than happy to look into the systems on our end to confirm a few other details.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm this. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs