cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre install team messed up, Now What?

Lukeuk
Tuning in

I won't go into the issues I have had with the pre install call centre, let's just say its been hell, they need to stop outsourcing call centres because they're loosing business.

So, the pre install team who are only supposed to go and LOOK at the area have attached a box to my property without texting me or alerting me to their arrival. Because of this, I was out, and they've dug up my garden and granted it looks OK AS they've laid the glass fairly neatly, BUT, they've screwed the external box to where a radiator is on the opposite side of the wall and I'm telling you now I've seen the bodge jobs virgin do with the whole re routing the wire from the external box to out of the box along the wall then in the wall with nothing but a bit of  silicon and the cable going through the wall that just comes loose and I'm telling virgin now, IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN WITH ME. An entry box is just that, it's where the cable ENTERS THE PROPERTY.

When the engineer turns up, he can unscrew the box he's put on my brick wall (without permission I may add and without notifying me), and he can move it to where the radiator isn't, and then the cable and hole can go straight through where the box covers it.

I've never had such a terrible start to an ISP in my life. If it wasn't for the speed I'd have cancelled.

Terrible. 

Seriously virgin, sack off the Indian and phillipines call centres they're useless., they don't understand British tone amd language well enough to fully grasp the issues we have. They just read scripts like a robot which is infuriating. Oh and when a engineer is going to make holes and dig your garden up, notify the damn customer first.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Zak_M wrote:

Snip...

The agents are trained the same as the onshore agents, 

...snip

Did you manage to type that while keeping a straight face?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Cueball99
Well-informed

You might as we phone and cancel now then. The box on the outside is a junction box, not an entry point, all cables will run from there along the wall to where needed, just as they would with a sky dish.

Doesn't sound like VM are the broadband provider for you.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Lukeuk

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post.

I am really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your services installed. 

What have the pre installation team advised when speaking with them? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

They haven't advised anything other than waiving my installation charge. Why on earth is virgin media so vastly outsourced when I pass your head office in sheldon Birmingham each day to work? I feel like knocking on your door.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us Lukeuk. 

The pre-install team are best placed to assist you with this issue and provide any update's needed.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

@Zak_M wrote:

Snip...

...snip

Did you manage to type that while keeping a straight face?

I thought exactly the same.

I'd dare VM to put a survey out to all customers to ask if they think that statement is true.

Z92
Trouble shooter

If you open the box they've put on the front of your house, you'll most likely notice that the cable is just long enough to reach it and so to relocate that box means another cable pull is needed - not going to happen. So that box needs to remain as a junction box and you'll need another for the actual entry point.

If you don't want that then cancel now before you are in a contract. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

And then you'll have a new problem - how to get them to remove the box and cable.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

As here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/REMOVAL-OF-ALL-V-M-EXTERNAL-EQUIPMENT/m-p...

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.