Menu
jsul
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Power light flashing green after installation

Set up our Hub 3 (after waiting over two weeks to get it), completed every step and activated it via the correct phone number and it's not working. As for many others, the WiFi light is green and the broadband light is flashing green. Rebooted it and reinstalled it multiple times and it doesn't work.

Called the helpline (automated) and they did a quick scan of the house and found that the connection is not working, told me they'd send me a text but I haven't received anything. Also sent a text to the text-only helpline and got no response. We're four people working from home and it's getting nearly impossible to do so via hotspotting (house is big and phone service is bad in almost every room). Any tips on how to get a tech to come over? I've just tried calling 150 but the call won't get through. Seems impossible to talk to an actual operator. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power light flashing green after installation

Usually if the power light keeps flashing green it is insufficient or no signal at the property. This is a hazard of self-install as there is no guarantee that a useable connection is there until you try using it.

You will either have to keep trying your luck with the installation number or wait here for a Staff member to respond, which can take up to 48 hours. Even if a tech were to turn up, anything beyond a faulty adaptor, internal wire or disconnected line in the cabinet may require further work. A line repull for instance, is a two man contract job which would have to be booked by the visiting tech. Hopefully it won’t come to that. The best time to try calling is around 8am.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power light flashing green after installation

Hi jsul,

Sorry to hear that your installation didn't go as smoothly as we'd like and can imagine the disappointment. I've checked your details using the information we have on here and can see that an engineer has gone out to check things over. Is everything okay now? Do let us know so we can take another look.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos