Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Postcode Checker Wrong

Hi, 

Been trying to get broadband, but the postcode checker says there is no service in my area. The property has previously had virgin (currently a cable outside), the neighbours have it and last year a spotter came out and checked to say service was fine.

I can't get through to anyone (due to Covid-19 measures). However, before the lockdown I did get through and was promised a call back that never happened. Any help/ideas on what can be done? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Postcode Checker Wrong

Good morning. If you private message me your adress and post code i will check if your property is servicable.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Even though it has been in the premises before there could be a capacity issue where adding more subscribers will cause a problem with everybody on the cabinet, a while ago VM use to just keep adding people and were not worried about over subscribing in the area, but now VM will not allow the network to be over subscribed.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I will private message you now to help you out. 

Gareth

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike - FYI - they have been in contact and your correct re the capacity issue. They are expecting some work to be completed in the next couple of weeks that should alleviate that - hopefully i can then get the service i need!

0 Kudos