cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my landlines number

Brightmore
On our wavelength

I had virgin media install TV, broadband and home phone on Saturday 7th May.

All went well except for the house phone, the engineer told me it would be connected in 7 working days and my phone number would be ported(I was previously with Sky)

I have just been informed by way of a txt message from VM that my number cannot be ported. This is. Not what we were told when we were offered the Virgin deal, in fact we were told we could definitely keep our number.

We are far from satisfied with this and ask for our number to be ported,  we have had this number for over 30yrs and it will cost a fortune to advise our friends and other users?

Thst

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you cancel your previous ISP? If a landline is to be ported, you must not cancel the previous ISP, VM would do this when the number is ported.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you cancel your previous ISP? If a landline is to be ported, you must not cancel the previous ISP, VM would do this when the number is ported.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Brightmore
On our wavelength

Yes I cancelled my sky deal and it finished on 6th May. I was told that virgin would deal with 'swapping' my number over

@Brightmore wrote:

Yes I cancelled my sky deal and it finished on 6th May. I was told that virgin would deal with 'swapping' my number over

And they probably would have done, except you cancelled your existing Sky contract which has the unfortunate side effect of putting a hard stop on any number porting. Not really VM’s fault, this is just the way it works as per OFCOM’s regulations.

Brightmore
On our wavelength

I have spoken to Sky and they cannot (or will not) reconnect my original number.

I am very dissapointed about all this. I was told when i signed up with Virgin that they would take care of the porting preocess,

I am led to believe that virgin should have contacted Sky prior to installing, which obviously was not the case.

How  do i make a formal complaint please?

Hi Brightmore,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear there has been an issue with porting your number.

Sadly, as you've been advised we're unable to request this if the number is now inactive.

So I can raise the complaint for you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Thank you for sending your details over via private message Brightmore

Glad I could resolve this for you 🙂

Alex_Rm