Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Poor installation water getting in

Hi,

Does this look like a poor install? It was raining when the guys installed it and I did not get a chance to fully inspect. I would expect the brown box to be closed and the white cable to be clipped to the wall?

Does anyone know if Virgin the plastic brick entry covers like sky use?

Also inside they said I would be be getting a plastic box to cover the hole ( lower cable). As a minimum I would expect a cable entry cover around the cable. 

Also the cable is not buried in my garden. lower is virginlower is virginbox cable tied. hanging off wallbox cable tied. hanging off wallIMG_9736 (1).jpg

Any thoughts. I tried calling but the one supervisor in Delhi is too busy to take my call . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor installation water getting in

That's a very poor job.  You've picked up all the issues - water ingress to the brown box will sooner or later cause noise problems, although the cable joints might be splash proof for a while, all cables should be buried properly or clipped neatly to the wall.  Not obvious from the pics, but the other issues make me question, is the outside wall cable hole sealed with mastic?  They should have done that.

Rather than waste more of your time with the VM offshore call centre I'd say wait and see if the forum staff can get this raised on their systems for being reworked.  If there's no response after a few days, then search, read and follow the Virgin Media Complaints Code of Practice.  That'll be slower, but ultimately you need to get this fixed, otherwise the cable will end up being broken or water will damage the fittings.

The interior finish, I'm afraid is about as good as most installers manage - you might want to neaten that up with some filler and touch up the paintwork yourself?  I must say VM could try much harder to improve the quality of new installations, but with senior management comprised of the three wise monkeys they don't hear the problem, they don't see the problem, and they aren't going to admit there is a problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tips about the Complaints Code of Practice. Will look into that.

Any virgin staff please contact me. Sadly don't think he used any mastic. He kept mentioning his feedback and the referral scheme.  

It has been a joke. I offered virgin the chance to inspect the job but they are not interested. 

When K**y Comms ( not sure if i can name them) did they first install they did not have a spade as the broke it on the last job. What a saga 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If that name also has a ell in it its the same people who did mine. They do the job but they really don't care about doing a good job. I basically did the job again minus the cable pull. However your job looks much worse. I like the cable tie around the box because it wouldn't stay shut. Definitely needs to be done again. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi can you PM me your address details please I'll see if I can get someone to look into this for you 

Thanks

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sadly not getting very far. Complaints team are closed on a Saturday due to COVID. I must research the complaint procedure.

They can only offer an appointment for 19th June  - they can't class as urgent unless there is a loss of signal. I am hoping that Derek/VM can help.

Just popped to the shops and noticed that they have left the cabinet open. I have called the number in the picture and its engaged.

cab (copy).jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi carrickross1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome, thank you for bringing this to our attention, so I can get this reported please can you provide a post code and door number nearest to the box ?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The cabinet has 2131 on it. Nearest address would be:

10 Lynton Crest
POTTERS BAR
EN6 1PP

Sadly no updated on my install. A voicemail was left for an area manager. But no progress 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi carrickross1,

Thank you for the details, in regards to this I have now reported in, in regards to your install I will send you an invite into a private chat so I can take some details and look into this for you.

I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure they didn't pull up in a three wheeler with Trotters Independent Trading on the side. It's a shocking job.

0 Kudos