cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain to me why i am not entitled to an upgraded hub

danbottomburp
On our wavelength

I saw a post over on another deal website i wont mention the name of, anyhow there are a ton of people who have all been given a new upgraded hub 5

I applied for one and was told i am not eligible, how?

I am on GIG1 speed and on a Hub 4, i would love to know the reason i am being denied the hub freely given to all these people but for some bizarre reason not me

Can i ask that only Virgin media staff reply as anyone else has no idea in this instance 

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The is no entitlement to a new hub, users are given the appropriate hub for their speed and a Hub4 is fine for 1G. All hubs are in short supply and the Hub5 is currently being given to new 1G users. Sometimes it is given as a replacement for a failed hub if no other hubs are available. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

This is exactly why i asked for only member of staff to respond because you dont know what you're talking about, i completed a form offering me to apply for the Hub 5

Got email back from Virgin Media saying i am not eligible

Please read posts in full before commenting, as i have already said this is not a post for people who haven't got a clue what they're talking about and for staff only 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The forums are community based and anyone is free to reply to any thread, irrespective of the OP's wishes.

The link from the other site shouldn't have been posted there. 

There have been numerous posts on the community forums from customers that used links from hotukdeals and other sites which were from emails VM sent to an individual customers email address which would be specific to that account. People applying using those links would have failed validation unless their account details matched linked to the originating email.

You can read a response from the Community Forum manager regarding people using links from non VM sites and why the request failed  <<< here >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali