cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending Order vanished from account

Trees-are-green
Tuning in

Hello everyone...

I moved house in early May and eagerly awaited the installation of my new package on the 11th.  Inevitably it didn't happen and there have been many failed 'outside installs' and last minute cancelled 'inside installs'.  These failed visits have been peppered with unsatisfactory conversations either in person or on WhatsApp and many wasted hours.

Now my 'Orders and Appointments' page is empty and I have no future install date

I have a recent green arrow on the pavement outside my house.

I have no broadband or tv, I'm running my life and business by tethering my iPad and iPhone to my computer and getting through tons of data and watching my way through my old recordings on Tivo.

Should I be more worried than I am already.

I live on a reasonably main road in South Manchester and see many Virgin networks on my wifi list.

image.png

11 REPLIES 11

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Trees-are-green, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

This is strange that happened, I can only apologise at this time for that. Upon checking our system I can see you've been able to speak with a member of the team over the phone who looks like they put this right. Can you let me know if that is the case? 

Cheers,

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan, thanks for your reply. I eventually spoke to a helpful person who despite not being able to find out why I was cancelled has got the installation process moving again. I’m expecting an outside team today (the fourth as far as I’m aware) to sort out whatever the problem is. 

I’m trying to be optimistic for my ‘real’ installation inside on 9th July, almost two months after the initial date.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi @Trees-are-green

Thanks for coming back to us and it's great to hear we've got it moving for you but apologies overall for the delay.

Let us know how the install goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

The install didn't happen.

The 'outside engineers' turned up and played with a bit of blue string in a hole and said it wasn't 'their hole' but BTs and went away again.  They said that Virgin Media need to come to sort it out and that trunking isn't in place and needs to be dug in.  I asked if it was likely that they (VM) would do it and the general consensus was that it would be too expensive so they wouldn't bother.

I would really like to know one way or the other if my install (originally promised for 11th May) will go ahead, I'm wondering how long VM send people out to do the same job for before they give up - hopefully telling me that they've given up.

Sorry if I sound a little jaded about this, but it's sort of taking over my non-working hours trying to speak to people who can give me some useful answers.

All the best,

Trees

Hi @Trees-are-green,

Thank you for the update on this. I am so sorry to hear that you're facing some continued delays and complications to your installation.

When did you last discuss the installation with our pre-installation team? Did they provide you with new dates as to when they expect the work to now be carried out? If you need to reach them, they can be contacted on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, 

I've just come off a one hour five minute call where I was told that my case was being escalated to a manager which I took to be a hopeful sign of progress, I held the line for ages and have just been cut off/disconnected/got rid of.  So I don't know what to think!  Has the escalation happened, will someone phone me back?  I don't have time for another hour long phone call today as need to go to work....

No new dates and still an inside install date of 9th July.

Kind regards,

Trees

To add to the confusion, I opened up a complaint via 'web chat' the other day and apparently it's all fine now, everything is sorted....in my dreams.  This baffling email arrived this morning, I have no idea what it means, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean that the non-existent trunking is now in my road and ready to be connected to my house.  Any clues as to what this means?

Screenshot 2022-07-05 at 07.36.16.png

@Trees-are-green 

This, alas, is one example of VM’s appallingly bad complaints procedure and dis functional organisation. Basically nothing has happened, nothing is going to happen, you’ve been fobbed off with some random meaningless rubbish - it’s a bit like the cliched ‘lessons have been learnt’, ‘time to move on’ statements.

It does seem very likely that for whatever reason, VM have decided that it is not in their financial interest to connect you up. OK fair enough, their company, their rules - would have been nice to have been told that though.

On that basis, what alternative broadband suppliers do you have in your area?

@jem101

i fear that you are correct! I have been looking at the 5G EE hub which doesn’t need a phone line or cables. BT seems really expensive and there’s no recorder for tv. TiVo is the main reason I wanted to stay with Virgin in my new house.

Do you know if I get any of the promised compensation if I cancel and go elsewhere?