cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenReach Socket

alasdair003
Tuning in

Hi, I recently received a QuickStart package from Virgin Media but I am unable to set it up as the socket in my home is an OpenReach socket. I think I need an engineer to come and change this to a Virgin Media one, how would I be able to request an engineer?

7 REPLIES 7

Z92
Trouble shooter

OpenReach is a BT-style socket, an engineer won't touch this socket as it's nothing to do with Virgin Media.

Look around outside for a Virgin media box and then see if you can follow the cable in doors. It might just be a cable and not a socket.

If you can't find one you'll need to ring customer services to arrange an engineer.

It's a first floor flat and other people in the building have Virgin Media internet and there's no Virgin Media socket in my flat, should I just contact customer services then?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Some flats are internally wired & have a communal outlet plate. You may have something similar.

Standard communal antenna outletStandard communal antenna outlet

The “Sat1” outlet can be utilised either for Sky or Virgin, depending what it plugged in at the utility cupboard on the blocks landing. In any case this is usually a tech callout job.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, this is the only socket in the flat that I could find that looked similar to the one you posted. Would I be able to connect using this SAT port?

IMG-20210730-WA0008.jpg

Hi alasdair003,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your installation. 

We do wish to assist with this. What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

alasdair003
Tuning in

Hi, recently I got an engineer booked to come and try to change the socket in my home as I have no way of connecting to the internet with the current socket. I'm still being billed for this even though I have literally no way of accessing the services, would I be able to postpone the billing until I'm physically able to use it?

You won't actually be charged until the service is connected and working.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.