cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not installed or activated?

Heidi95
Joining in

Hi,

An engineer came out today to install our broadband and tv. He advised us that it will not activate straight away as there are problems with Virgin at the minute. 

I’ve had to call the support number, that went fine. Took all my details, was very confused when I mentioned the apparent problem in my area, and said it should be working in a few minutes.

An hour later it is not working. My account says it hasn’t even been installed. I have no internet connection and the light on the broadband are a solid white(?), the tv box is flashing a small light and has a solid white also.

Don’t know where to go from here as everywhere I look the call centres are open until 10pm, but now all I am getting is a closed message when I call.

Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

which hub did he install the hub 3 and 4 with a solid white light suggests its activated and should be working - there is the hub5 but i dont think techs are installing them - no idea what the light colours on that should be

as to the techs story - that sounds like he wanted away quickly because he knew of a problem - he should have left it working - theres no reports on here of activation problems

try a full reset of the hub - hold the button a good 30 sec dont power off after that let it sort itself out see if that helps

post some info if you can get into the hub

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Activation number is 0800 953 9500

No going through, must be closed. Will have to try tomorrow. Account still showing up as not installed and customer chat bot not recognising my services as installed either. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

which hub did he install the hub 3 and 4 with a solid white light suggests its activated and should be working - there is the hub5 but i dont think techs are installing them - no idea what the light colours on that should be

as to the techs story - that sounds like he wanted away quickly because he knew of a problem - he should have left it working - theres no reports on here of activation problems

try a full reset of the hub - hold the button a good 30 sec dont power off after that let it sort itself out see if that helps

post some info if you can get into the hub

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for all the in-depth responses. 

The reset didn’t work, however… I did call the activation number today. 

I should be emailed a code and instructions in 24 hours. Couldn’t today as apparently no engineers available to send it. They also said I should of been given a code at installation but couldn’t answer why we didn’t get one. Or why we didn’t get one yesterday when I rang.

Hope this works. Feel like the engineer that came out to install yesterday was in a hurry and did a half job. Quite frustrated that I am now waiting around for an email that I am not confident will come at all. 

But will update whether it’s good or bad news! Thanks again for the suggestions.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Heidi95 wrote:

Thanks for all the in-depth responses. 

The reset didn’t work, however… I did call the activation number today. 

I should be emailed a code and instructions in 24 hours. Couldn’t today as apparently no engineers available to send it. They also said I should of been given a code at installation but couldn’t answer why we didn’t get one. Or why we didn’t get one yesterday when I rang.

Hope this works. Feel like the engineer that came out to install yesterday was in a hurry and did a half job. Quite frustrated that I am now waiting around for an email that I am not confident will come at all. 

But will update whether it’s good or bad news! Thanks again for the suggestions.

things change but thats the first time i have read any of that so i will not state 100% that you have just had the latest heap of BS from whoever - offshore i would guess but i would go 99% on it - you certainly wont get an email they are rarer than call backs and they are as rare as hens teeth - will flag the thread to VM

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Heidi95,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've some issues with the connection.

I've had a look from our side and we've identified a short-term connectivity issue which may cause intermittent or performance related issues with the connection.

In the vast majority of cases, these types of issues are resolved after 24 hours.

Please keep us posted with how you get on after this time-frame.

Alex_Rm