cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wall box for self installation

gemmaleanne4
Joining in

Hello. We used to have virgin but when we switched all that was left was a black cable that comes from the virgin box on the outside of the house, since getting virgin again it says to connect hub to wall socket which we don’t have, all we have is the black cable this does not connect to my hub and I can’t connect my hub to anything else? Any suggestions? 
attached a photo of said black wire that used to come from the wall socket. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonpwatson5
Dialled in

It sounds like when your service was installed, they just basically ran the cable into your room and didn't create a socket on the wall for it to come from.

The cable should work absolutely fine.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jonpwatson5
Dialled in

It sounds like when your service was installed, they just basically ran the cable into your room and didn't create a socket on the wall for it to come from.

The cable should work absolutely fine.

Thanks for your reply, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the cable but it doesn’t fit in my hub or to the wall connecting wire! 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gemmaleanne4, thanks for your post and sorry that you're having problems getting your services working.

Are you still having problems since your post on Monday?

I'm more than happy to book an engineer install for you as it appears that's what you require, so I'm just going to pop you a PM just to ask you to confirm a few details first so I can get this booked in.

Please expect this within a minute or two and respond as soon as possible to me privately.

Regards

Tom_W