cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No engineer installation date!!!

Scarlett_vats
Joining in

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows why we can't get an engineer installation date for M200 Fibre??

We initially signed up on 12th September and booked an engineer date for 7th October. We then rescheduled to 20th October due to house renovations (confirmed with Virgin). We initially had a message saying that our street was connected to the network and they were on track for installation (we're in Zone 3 London).

We then had a call last week saying that there were no engineer appointments available and the original date we had booked wasn't showing on our app. We called again today and they again said they could not book any engineer appointments. When we asked why, they couldn't say but they would ask their manager (no response yet).

Anyone have a clue what's going on???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta
  • Do you know if there is already a Virginmedia cable running from the street to your house, from a previous customer?   If not then you are waiting for a subcontractor to come and install it. There are often long delays to this work.

If you have a browse down the page you will see similar posts from other people waiting for connections. 

On the other hand if there is an existing cable, you should not have to wait long. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta
  • Do you know if there is already a Virginmedia cable running from the street to your house, from a previous customer?   If not then you are waiting for a subcontractor to come and install it. There are often long delays to this work.

If you have a browse down the page you will see similar posts from other people waiting for connections. 

On the other hand if there is an existing cable, you should not have to wait long. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Scarlett_vats

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry for the install delay. The reason being is construction.

What I am going to do is send you a PM, get some details and raise a case for you and pass it over to the installs team. They'll be in touch within 5 working days or when they have had an update on what construction required, likely timescale. Normally construction has a timescale of 6-8 weeks but this is dependent on what is required.

I'll send you the PM now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Scarlett_vats

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to raise a case to send to the install team for you. This has now been done and they'll contact you when they have done their investigation with the relevant people and know the next steps for getting you installed.

If you do need further information or anything, please do not hesitate to contact us on here and we'll assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Scarlett_vats

Thanks for your message. I have checked this and it appears we're still awaiting an update from our construction people but I have contacted the install team so you should hear back asap.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team