Menu
pez64
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No channels found

Hi, I’m a newbie here and I just wonder if anybody can help me?

I’ve just bought a new JVC tv (not WiFi) and connected my Virgin box, but am getting no response.

On turning on the telly it starts to take me through the set up procedure, but when it comes to tuning the channels I just get a ‘No channels found or lost signal, check your aerial connection’ message.

I’ve connected the Virgin box so I was hoping this would automatically register with the tv as I don’t have an aerial?

The Virgin box is on but unresponsive, I’ve tried plugging it into each of the three htm ports on the telly, but it makes no difference?

Any advice would be helpful please, thanks.

0 Kudos
tvadikt
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No channels found

Hi

Have you selected the correct source on the TV remote.?

Most new tv's would normally switch to the correct hdmi source when powered on, but maybe your isn't

Make sure the Virgin box is on then cycle through all the source options via the tv remote and see if that helps

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No channels found

The first thing a new TV will search for is Freeview TV channels via its aerial socket. This is what is giving you the message.

Some will automatically switch to a HDMI source that is live, some won't, in which case you will have to select the HDMI socket manually.

Look for AV, Aux or a symbol of an arrow pointing into a TV screen on the TV remote.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos