cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband - whole day

Srbhahuja
Joining in

This is so ridiculous even to think about my decision to move onto virgin for fibre optic broadband. I opted to go for fibre optic for more stable connection and better speed. I was ready to pay more and virgin sales team promised a lot however can you imagine that I didn’t  have internet connection for whole of the day… and very cleverly the website says the issue is now resolved. When I call on help desk number and technical team says that there is still an issue so how one I get message that issue is now resolved. Whose responsibility is there to check if all the houses impacted have the connection up and running and if not then they contact the customer and inform that  there is further delay.  Unfortunately I made several calls and finally I was told that the message I received was automated, but at the same time I was told the issue in the area is still not resolved. Not even that the connection is so poor that even buying the 500mbps speed connection I only get around 75-100 mbps speed and that too not throughout the day only at some times. Most of the time it is around 40 -70 mbps speed. Engineer visit the house and do some reboot of the hub  and says that you need to monitor it  every hour and report as every other time point it will be different. How it could have such a big range. Even during the engineer visit it was under 320 and that remain did not remain stable for more than 5 min -10pm. Why should I monitor the speed every hour… is virgin media ready to pay me to keep monitoring the internet speed and not work.. The connection is dropping every hour or so… this is very disappointing.

can someone from virgin media contact me as I want to cancel the subscription from immediate effect.BTW, I am losing my business because of your issues. I am paying much more than what I was paying earlier but never had drop connection issues ever.. please can someone from virgin media  call me?

kr

saurabh

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot cancel VM via this board and VM staff on the board will not contact anyone by phone only by secure message. You will have to phone in to cancel. If you are within contract there will be a fee to pay for early termination.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor for your kind reply. 

I am very well aware of cancellation procedure and through this forum wanted to make people aware of the service virgin is providing and highlight the issue to virgin media so someone contact me today as in weekend there was no responsible person available.

kr

saurabh

Hi Srbhahuja, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with your connection. 

Whilst we can't offer a 100% fault free service, we do promise to fix faults as quickly as possible. Depending on the area fault, some faults can take longer to resolve than others. 

We are happy to look in to things for you if you like to ensure you're getting the correct speeds however if you would prefer to cancel then you would need to phone the team on 0345 454 1111 select option 1, 4 then 4 again. 

If you'd rather stay with us and work with us to help resolve the speed issues then pop back here to let us know and we'll do what we can to help. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs