cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VM wall socket / wall socket damage

Briannahsarah
Tuning in

Hi I just received my new broadband set up package and when I went to plug into wall socket this is how it was left by previous tenant. Can’t tell if the whole socket needs to be fixed or if it just needs  wd40 to screw off the end plug to allow plug in! Any advice or how do I go about booking an installation/ repair?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Briannahsarah wrote:

Here is a photo  

Unscrew the connector from the wall box. Use an 11mm spanner, or pliers, to grip the hexagonal part of the connector. Apply a gentle force to begin with, turning anti-clockwise. Gradually increase the force until the connector starts to undo.

Once you have taken the connector off, along with the cut bit of cable, the new leads from the VM 'Quick Start' kit should be push-fit and should push onto the socket connector protruding from the wall box.

If you are unable/confident to do this, you can call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and request a technician visit.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Briannahsarah
Tuning in

Here is a photo 

35FA2DCC-F64C-4ADE-8381-369F38E12CE9.jpeg

@Briannahsarah wrote:

Here is a photo  

Unscrew the connector from the wall box. Use an 11mm spanner, or pliers, to grip the hexagonal part of the connector. Apply a gentle force to begin with, turning anti-clockwise. Gradually increase the force until the connector starts to undo.

Once you have taken the connector off, along with the cut bit of cable, the new leads from the VM 'Quick Start' kit should be push-fit and should push onto the socket connector protruding from the wall box.

If you are unable/confident to do this, you can call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and request a technician visit.

Hey briannahsarah, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to see you are having some issue installing your equipment.

How did you get on with this, did you manage to do it or do you still need some assistance? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi!

after a trip to the store for a spammer and some wd40 I managed to get the old wires and bolts off and successfully connect the new hub! Thank you to the helpful soho who gave instructions I was chuffed that I managed to get it done! 

Hi Brian,

Thank you for reaching back out, glad to hear you you have managed to connect your new Hub and everything now OK.

If you do need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.