Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No Internet after Move

Hi, 

We have moved recently and have contacted Virgin Media to advise.

In my new property, there is a Virgin Media phone socket and a Telewest (which is owned by Virgin) cable socket.

Because of the lock-down, there is no way to get an update from Virgin, neither by phone nor on there website.

I have taken my Virgin HUB with me from my old property. I guess VM need now to activate the line, don't they?

All the best,

Aissata

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet after Move

Hi, If you haver let virgin media know you are moving, they would have set up a new installation date. they would de-activate your equipment the night before, and then reactivate it when you move in.

If you have not been able to inform virgin of you movem then the hub will have not be deactivated yet, so will work in your new house, as long as the Telewest outlets are live.

You will need to inform Virgin of your move ASAP though. The easiest way to contact us at the moment is via text message 07533 051809, with account number and site ID, and wait for a call back.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi,im a virgin media tech,can i help,just send me your postcode and house number privately..regards rob.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The Telewest outlet seems not to be active as the Hub doesn't work on new address (at least not as plug and play). The Hub was tested on old address and works fine over there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same situation, someone is answering now for me and if will be ok and someone will come I will let you know who to contact to help you. Best wishes. Claudia.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The Hub won't work at the new address until it has been officially activated by Virgin. You can't just take it to a new address and expect it to work.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, this is what I thought before reading @SteveVMTech's comment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Did you reply to   by PM?

He can probably help you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9