Menu
Emmarosina
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New set up - NTL Box with no Tv Port

I have just received my QuickStart WiFi box (broadband only) and before registering it said that I could use this method to install due to the property being virgin suitable as it was already there. I have now come to plug the box in at my NTL box and it has the FM and TV worded on the front however only a port for the FM. I’ve took the casing off and the metal box only has a port for FM. I am confused on how to get my WiFi connected as it won’t even fit in the FM port and heard it needs to be the TV Port. Help!!!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New set up - NTL Box with no Tv Port

Can you post up some pics of your box(s) (casing on and off) for the experts on here to identify what you need.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Try the FM port, it will either work of not. You can cause no harm be doing this. If fails then is the time to contact VM.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Emmarosina

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you have had an issue with your self-installation. Usually our systems advise if the home has had services previously and if the correct sockets are already installed; if not, then it won't even allow us to book a self-installation. 

I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look and we're not able to see the sort of set up you have so it is rather difficult to diagnose I'm afraid. Have you looked for other connections in your home or tried the FM port as suggested? 

Have you been able to contact us since your post so we can take a look and book a manned conversion? This is not something that we're able to assist with from our Forums I'm afraid, even if we did have access to your account - If you have not done so already, please call us on 150/03454541111 and chat with our Quickstart team as they can book this sort of job for you. Please select option 3 from the main cable menu and then option 3 again. 

I do hope that you manage to get things all sorted out; please do pop back and let us know how things go. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos