cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New kit not delivered

lesleyb-
On our wavelength

Hi

I had an Engineer visit on Tuesday to install a new wall socket. 

He kept in contact with me re his requirements to get the job done, let me know when he was (an engineer's) five minutes away, was polite, tidy abd managed to do the job quickly.  Quite happy with that service. I plugged in my ols kit and it doesn't work.

When I made the order, I was told I'd need new kit and that Yodel would contact me about delivery.

Yodel did this on Tuesday 13th, a little time after the engineer's visit

Point one, because I have no Internet I have to travel to a friend's house to work. As a sole trader i can't afford many days off. It's not like I'm sitting at home, eating up a company's mobile data budget either.

I'll confess I felt a little annoyed that I then had to have another day of chomping through the extra business mobile data that I pay for. My immediate thought was why wasn't this dovetailed into one day of disruption for the client? 

I have a tracking number for my kit, I have the Yodel app. I have nit yet received a two hour time slot when the thing will be delivered. 

I have spoken to the Yodel help team, who say the item is at their depot, as reported on the app, but they can't offer any information as to when it will be delivered because that depot is overwhelmed with the sheer volume of stuff going through. 

I understand current road conditions must be very difficult for drivers everywhere. 

I have failed to successfully navigate past the  Virgin media answering machine and reach a human being on this.

I work as a remote Counsellor, subcontracted out to companies that supply the online platform. I have had clients cancel because they don't want to use phone or chat sessions.. I have said to them, I have absolutely no idea when I will get the Internet up and running. So I have lost income this week. 

At the moment I'm beginning to think my only solution is a 5G phone and a heavier data plan from my business provider.  So that I can at least provide the service my client's need. 

So, one last chance, what can I do to get this new kit delivered today, Friday 16th December, so I can continue working? 

Kind regards

Lesley 

16 REPLIES 16

Hi lesleyb-, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with receiving your equipment. 

Once it's left us, and with Yodel, they are responsible for delivering this. They will also update you directly with delivery times. 

We don't have a way to escalate these issues I'm afraid so there isn't much we can advise other than to say you will need to contact Yodel directly. 

They can arrange delivery of the equipment to you and you can make an official complaint regarding the delivery time to them too. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

We don't have a way to escalate these issues I'm afraid so there isn't much we can advise other than to say "you will need to contact Yodel directly." 

Once again this is incorrect information.

V.M, have the contract with Yodel, they have to contact Yodel, and arrange delivery.

Perhaps the Forum Team, should be informed on the law regarding  contracts.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Absolutely. There can be no question about this. 

And until Virginmedia provides the necessary equipment to enable the service to start, the customer is entitled to compensation for the lack of service. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

lesleyb-
On our wavelength

Hi Keith

Thank you for letting me know tjere isn't much Virgin can do once an item is on Yodel's hands.  I'm prepared to accept the road conditions at that time as problematic, but Yodel being unable to handle the Christmas load is definitely a management fault at at Yodel. 

From date of order, 5th December, until everythingup abd running took around 15 days From date of tge Engineer's visit until Yodel managed to deliver the package, 6 days, plus another one or two sorting the activation out.

I'm objectibg to being charged for a service I couldn't use because the kit hadn't been delivered and then the activation didn't happen and hoping for a refund on that time period.  I appreciate, with Virgin's turnover, there may be little interesr in chasing Yodel for a refund on a 24 hr delivery they failed to complete. . 

I spoke to and am forever grateful to Sharmi, who was clear about what hadn't happened.re the activation. 

Apparently my kit wasn't sending out an activation signal. This was dwys after receiving a text from Virgin declaring my new kit had bern activated , despite, of course, the new kit not having arrived at the time the text was sent

And despite me replying to a separate text, vreceived around 14th December, that instructed me to respobd GO to avtivare my kit. 

Sharmi through the switch on my libe and everythinh started to come up properly. 

I was finally up and running by 21st December. 

There's a few things that coyld possibly be pulled apart abd improved on at the Virgin end. The most stressful part of it for mr is that there seem so few options to say, nope ut hasn't worked. It feels like the Virgin machina does not easily accept a fault has occurred in the whole process.  While I can conceive there may be good reason for this, all this automated stuff feels like being trapped in an Orwellian nightmare when things have gone  awry. 

I arm relieved to say it's all working at the moment, although I note the TV service has some issues. I've notcswitcged that on yet today but I'm pitying the parentscout there if thus is the case. 

Thank you all for following this thread. 

I hope you all have a lovely break with your family but if you're working that you get triple time or better. 

Meery Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year

Kind regards, 

Lesley 

lesleyb-
On our wavelength

I'm so sorry I got your name wrong Kath. I should have checked! 

As far as the contract issue goes, yes VM has the contract with Yodel. However, we don't know what's in that contract. 

If the delivery firm makes an error, then most companies usually claim against the delivery for loss of service and goodwill. 

However, we'd have to balance the numbers to see if it makes sense for Virgin to hire someone to chase up lost and late deliveries. Or alternatively, program it into the great VM machine and let one automated system battle it out with the other. Which kind of makes me chuckle. 

Have a great time this season everyone. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lesleyb- wrote:

I was finally up and running by 21st December. 

I arm relieved to say it's all working at the moment, although I note the TV service has some issues. I've notcswitcged that on yet today but I'm pitying the parentscout there if thus is the case. 

Lesley 

Hi Lesley,

It's good to see that your broadband is up and running - thanks for updating the thread.

You should be refunded for the time you were offline but still being billed due to non delivery and the non activation.

If it isn't done automatically on your next bill then either contact billing or create a new post and hopefully the forum staff should be able to rectify this for you.

What are the issues with the TV service?

If you can decribe them and also give us  any error number eg CS2200 and any error message we may be able to help.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi lesleyb, thanks for the post and welcome back to the forums. 

Thanks to the forum members for assisting in this. 

I am happy to hear that you are now up and running.

You should not be charged until the equipment was delivered and activated. 

Please let us know if we can provide any further assistance. 

Kind regards, Chris.