Menu
deucecorp
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: New installation failure, zero communication

@Molly_G:

Would be respectful if someone would sort it out finally TODAY and contact me to confirm this installation, because as per my above comment your engineer confirmed the installation has been delayed for no reason 2 times by now.

Pardon. THREE?

1.5 months, while its a 15 minutes drill clamp and crimp job. We all working hard here, do you? 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi @deucecorp 

Yes we're all working hard I can confirm.

We would update you as and when we have an update and today we do, we're sending over a senior engineer to the property today, so please let me know how the visit goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
mickllf
Tuning in
Message 23 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I have got the exact same issue.  My planned install date has now been cancelled twice, both times within 48 hours before it was due to take place

30/03/21 - Ordered the service

21/04/21 - Original install date 

19/04/21 - Contacted via telephone. Told that there was a blockage and that they needed to secure permits - Told this would definitely be installed on 6th May and that the permits had been applied for and that it wouldn't be a problem.

04/05/21 - Receive an email (no phone call this time) Delaying my install to the 19/05/21. No reasons outside of the default message stating permissions and permits

My existing connection with Vodafone is "beyond the point of no return" on it's disconnection date of 15/05/21 so I am now due to be working from home with no internet connection thanks to VM.  I left VM years ago at another address due to their terrible support and the only reason I've gone back is that FTTH is not yet available via other suppliers.  I'm already regretting not just putting up with 70MB FTTC.

I've spoken to the installation team in a call centre who are sending me a 30 day sim but with no mobile modem to use it with.  What good is that?

I really need a solution and would appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi mickllf,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really disappointed to hear that you're installation has been delayed on twice already, we understand the inconvenience and frustration this is causing you.

Due to this issue I would like to invite you to chat privately so I can email the area field manager with your details and see if there are any updates on  what is causing the delay with getting the blockage cleared. 

I will pop you over a private message, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
mickllf
Tuning in
Message 25 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

I don't have a private message on here from anyone as yet?

I've also just been sent a new contract from VM with the wrong price on it but can't face another 45 minutes on hold trying to speak to someone over the phone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
deucecorp
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi @John_GS,

He has been to the property, connected all working fine finally. Whole visit lasted barely 20 minutes.

Thank you.

Thread can be closed.

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 27 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi @deucecorp,

Thanks for the update - that's great news I'm glad to hear you're all up and running. 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos