cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install ex sky customer

darrenigoddard
Joining in

I'm considering having virgin media installed to replace my sky. Is it possible for virgin to use the sky cabling as this is buried under the floor as my TV is on an internal wall.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, the virgin cable is much higher quality than the sky coaxial 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, the virgin cable is much higher quality than the sky coaxial 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The only reason I ask is I have been on chat with a virgin advisor who said this could be done but I was a little sceptical..

The phone staff will tell you anything to get a sale. Don't believe it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Annoying though..

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@darrenigoddard wrote:

The only reason I ask is I have been on chat with a virgin advisor who said this could be done but I was a little sceptical..

If it’s offshore support then the technical knowledge leaves a lot to be desired. VM uses radio spectrum that is already occupied outside their cabling for services like DAB Digital Radio, Freeview TV & 4/5G mobile phone networks. The triple screening & correctly fitted connections have to keep the two apart or mayhem ensues in the entire network segment where the ingress is.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Ah good to know ta..

I've used my own internal RG11 cable when I refurbished my house back in 2006, and both VM and ex SKY used it and both have been fine.

If you search under my username you will find my post on it.

Hey @darrenigoddard, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forums. 👋🏼

Regarding your query on the cabling.
We use our own cabling, cabinets and networks here at Virgin Media and have no association with the BT Openreach wiring that is seen around the UK, nor do we have any other partner association for our networks for telecommunication networks around the UK.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs