cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - Hub4 quick installation not working

Brashbrook
Tuning in

Hi All, I signed up the virgin media broadband a few weeks ago as I'm moving house. The Hub4 was received yesterday with the quick installation instructions.

I set up the kit and plugged the cable into the virgin media socket on the wall - looks like the previous owner used this, and I can see my neighbours also has VM.

The hub blinks white for a few minutes and goes red. I've rebooted, hard factory reset it, turned it off and on, left it for 30 mins to hours both on and off, used different cables - everything. No luck.

I called VM and the automated system sent the activation signal to my hub (strange, as this wasn't part of the instructions to call). Again, no luck. I also got a text hours later saying it was activated but this changed nothing.

Eventually got through to someone at VM, and after going through the same reboot process with them, they said they'd send an engineer out - scheduled for 8 days later! Obviously that's quite far away for any person, especially in an area with poor signal, but given we work from home and can't get into the office due to rail strikes then this is a real issue!! Also the engineer can only come out up until 6...we wouldn't get home until 7 from work! 

I asked that they confirm what the actual issue is, but they couldn't answer, so I accepted the appointment and said I'd keep trying on my end.

So here I am, looking for help. I'm not a great techie with internet, but on testing the connection it says it can't pick up an "RF signal", which I guess is why VM couldn't see my hub on their end. I don't see any other connections in the house so this VM Box on the wall with the cable to plug into seems to be the only option. I've ensured all connections are tight. I can connect to the hub fine but it still says no internet.

I've gone into the hub settings but the data there is foreign to me, however it didn't seem like there was much activity in the admin log.

If anyone has some guidance or tips to get this working sooner I'd be incredibly grateful! VM just couldn't give me any assistance whatsoever and left me sitting here without any signal or clue as a new customer, which is really disappointing. I just don't understand why it wouldn't work if the previous owner likely had VM and pretty much all my neighbours use it!

13 REPLIES 13

Update: still no technician. One person said they arrived and need to come again, whilst another said they didn't come at all. Rescheduled to 04/08...

The scam continues.

Hi Brashbrook,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for the update, sorry to hear no one showed up when you expected them to, I was able to locate you with the details we have for you and can see you have spoken to us, what was advised in regards to getting you installed and the Router connected?

Regards

Paul. 

I've spoken to Virgin daily, and everytime I'm promised a technician to fix it noone turns up! (apparently because the outsourced contractors, but that's not an excuse to lie to me about someone coming).

We had a VM engineer today who said the same thing as the last poor guy last week, and he couldn't fix it. In fact he was outraged that he got sent by VM for no reason. Apparently he's speaking with his manager to document this, as we still have total loss of internet with no sign of of being fixed!

Hey Brashbrook,  thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your connection

I have taken a look into into our systems and I can see you have been speaking to us.

However I would like to look into this by sending you a PM, please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?